Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

KILL CMND [TI-84+CE]

Started by kotu, September 13, 2016, 03:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kotu

It is the year 3067. You are a renegade commander for the imperial army (human). Your DNA has become slightly mutated, and is now a strain known as DNA-FX1. DNA-FX1 is being targeted by the imperial army for extinction, although its members are basically human. They live on certain planets where the trees grow very fast.

You have crash landed your shuttle ship on one of these planets, where your friend runs a bot shop. You can buy bots because you're still a commander. You spend your time hidden in a tree next to the bot shop because that is the only safe place to be. You use a cloaking technology to avoid detection.

You use the trees as cover for your bots. The base is impervious to attack (due to 6 separate technologies).

I am lucky enough to have @p2 helping me out with the graphics on this. Check it out.....

*edit*
btw this game is a tribute to the film Kill Command, its really good
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Ivoah

Looks awesome! I can't wait to see the finished game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-86 (now broken), TI SR-56, TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ SE, TI-85, TI-73 Explorer VS, ViewScreen, TI-84+ CSE, TI-83+ SE

MateoConLechuga

Nice work; looking good :) Cool sprites p2. I'd be happy to help with any optimizations and things that might arise; good luck on this!

Dream of Omnimaga

THis is coming along nicely and I think this ship will fit pretty well. Good job so far Kotu :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

kotu

Thanks guys

*edit*
this is a special update for my special workmate p2 to show he is cared about because i am so loving because i am nice.
p2, you are now in the credits!
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

p2

:D yaay  :love: :thumbsup:
might become the first *released* game with my name in it ^.^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

Congrats p2 :D . I didn't know you never released a game before, though O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

I wrote a lot of stuff like greyscale version of 2048 (even with animations), a 1 on 1 soccer game with more or le realistic physics, ...
But looking at the other guy's games I never shared any of my stuff since it looked so boring and crappy an mid of reupen and mario... :/
I'd actualy love to upload them now, but I lost both the old backups (harddrive went poof) and the originals on my calc (the os-is-gone problem). Even undelete couldnt help them anymore :/

So I'm trying to learn Axe again now >.>
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see now. Sorry to hear. Good luck learning Axe again.

kotu

Just wondering what people think the lowest acceptable framerate would be for a RTS-style game (a very simple one) where you see the bullets/missiles flying through the air.... ?? thx

*edit*
i guess i'll just have to try itt to see if it works  8)

p2

as long as you cant the pixel length of a flying bullet it's all fine ;)

kotu

what??! lol

the bullets are gonna be 2x2 black squares

(because i can't really do transparent rendering with a 256 color palette)

'this aint mechcommander'

p2

then you better make them move fast ;)
Alternatively instead of "rendering" them every frame you coud also think about lowering their accuracity in calculations to speed up the process :) <-- only fo 3D games
For example take any tank game (for example WoT) - normal bullets lok fine but ever watched the flying path of these long-distance things? They're like a low-poly version xD
in 2D games they instead sometimes use the trick to make the bullet a litle bit longer (so its more a line not a dot) but only display it each time it moved 3 pixels or somjething like that (so the bullet flies faster while having to calculate less) :)

kotu

Quote from: p2 on September 23, 2016, 08:32:54 AM
For example take any tank game (for example WoT) - normal bullets lok fine but ever watched the flying path of these long-distance things? They're like a low-poly version xD
Missiles might be doing that for a valid reason - to gain height so they can easily clear obstacles

working on a little demo at the minute @p2 using your tree sprites, to show how the trees are gonna work.

kotu

well here is the fruit of my last day and a halfs work (ish) @p2

it shows the world inn accelerated time - the trees play a critical part in the game

*edit*
in a few weeks i should have the tutorial implemented, then i can upload a playable demo (of just the tutorial) and we can find out if ppl think it might work as a game

don't be too hopeful, i am mainly just doing this as a exercise, so i don't care if it doesn't work. but would probably stop if everyone hates me for it hates it.

:P