Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

My Christmas tree

Started by Yuki, December 05, 2016, 07:44:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Video of it in action
(sorry for bad lighting but you get my point :P)

I think I made that a few years ago, made it again this year, got some fakeish plastic Christmas tree-like cone and a battery-powered set of lights at the dollar store, put those together, wired where the batteries would be to my TI C2000 Launchpad (because my brother has my Arduino), fired up the Fade example in Energia and there you go, a programmable USB Christmas tree. Still have to figure out how to serial port with Energia, but had I have my Arduino, could have done some fancy blinking stuff with it. Not that I already can do fancy stuff.

Are you doing some Christmas-themed projects this year?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

p2

that looks really nice ;D
But I'm note sure if I'm supposed to stare at the tree or that huge mouth x.x

sadly I have no tech-related projects this year for christmas ._.
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Dream of Omnimaga

I remember this juju and this was kinda cool. WOuld be interesting to see if this was possible with a larger tree and with different stuff, eg my music :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Some people do that with their entire house decorations.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

p2

the facebook pic in the first post turned into a 404 D:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on January 02, 2017, 02:56:39 AM
Yeah I saw that on Youtube O.O. Wasn't there an house with Star Wars-themed Christmas decorations a few years ago?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

WholeWheatBagels

Quote from: Juju on January 02, 2017, 02:56:39 AM

there is a guy near me that every year sets up lights over the entirety of his yard / house and has it set to music with patterns and whatnot.
Living in another world to you.

Also in case you were wondering Frankie did go to Hollywood

aetios

Wow, that sounds annoying haha.
ceci n'est pas une signature

p2

And you never sneaked over and pulled the plug...? It would even be a good thing as you prevent a massive waste of energy ;)

Yuki

It's January 15th and I still have my tree plugged in. Hehehe.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: p2 on January 15, 2017, 09:50:23 PM
And you never sneaked over and pulled the plug...? It would even be a good thing as you prevent a massive waste of energy ;)
The power bill must be insane with so many lights. I wonder how much it would be with LED lights, though?
Quote from: Juju on January 15, 2017, 10:24:29 PM
It's January 15th and I still have my tree plugged in. Hehehe.
I have yet to remove my christmas decorations lol, because I was sick two weeks ago, which was around when I originally planned to remove them, and then I got too busy <_<

But again, in Quebec City there is a neighborhood in which they even let the Christmas lights turned ON until April or so (or at least until there's no snow anymore).

Yuki

Fun fact: Christmas tree is now powered by my Raspberry Pi.

Code (node.js) Select
var wpi = require('wiring-pi');
wpi.wiringPiSetup();
wpi.pinMode(1, wpi.PWM_OUTPUT);
var dir = 1;
var val = 511;
function sweep()
{
  if(val <= 0 || val >= 1023)
    dir *= -1;
  val += dir;
  wpi.pwmWrite(1, val);
}

setInterval(sweep, 3);
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN