Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Walrii fanart [walrus][sprites][pixel art][sprite sheet]

Started by Keoni29, November 22, 2014, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ooh I like it :D. I wonder if the tentacles would look better with a black outline?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Here it is with the tentacles outlined  8)

Here is a scaled up version. (Browsers like to butcher pixel art)

I guess it might be made a bit better by adjusting the tentacles a bit ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks even better now. :D . I'll add it to the first post when I get a chance :walrii:
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

You should also add some shading/noise, otherwise it looks awkward next to the eyes and teeth. I like it otherwise.

Dream of Omnimaga

I also noticed something: You forgot transparency :P

novenary

Haha yes, not in the big screenshot though.

Dream of Omnimaga

That reminds me, I wonder if it could be animated too?

EDIT: @Streetwalrus I made a 1x version of the new walrus in your sig that @sifodias made. It also fixes the 2nd frame that still showed underneath the first.

alexgt

Quote from: c4ooo on September 21, 2015, 11:34:40 PM

Looks nice ;)

Also good job fixing the Streetwalrii DJ
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 23, 2015, 01:34:56 PM
That reminds me, I wonder if it could be animated too?

EDIT: @Streetwalrus I made a 1x version of the new walrus in your sig that @sifodias made. It also fixes the 2nd frame that still showed underneath the first.

I actually have a 1x version, need to check if that has the problem or if I derped when upscaling it. :P

Edit : it was indeed my fault, fixed it and I also attached the original gif.
Edit 2 : ...which has the same issue, all good now.

c4ooo

Can someone make an arrow walrus? Like basicly a regular walrus except with an equilateral arrow pointing left imbeded in the body. It would also be nice if someone made a gear walrus, to serve as an option button in my game. I cant realy image how it would look, but maybe a gear with flippers tusks and eyes?

Further more, @DJ Omnimaga didnt you say you where going to make post about how to use the fanart specifically in a fan game? My memory might be playing tricks in me, or you might have bean refering to the post above.

Edit: err... read dj's post above. Giving credit is self explanatory, but is there anything else i should keep in mind? (When making a cw game.)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: c4ooo on September 24, 2015, 08:06:43 PM
Can someone make an arrow walrus? Like basicly a regular walrus except with an equilateral arrow pointing left imbeded in the body. It would also be nice if someone made a gear walrus, to serve as an option button in my game. I cant realy image how it would look, but maybe a gear with flippers tusks and eyes?

Further more, @DJ Omnimaga didnt you say you where going to make post about how to use the fanart specifically in a fan game? My memory might be playing tricks in me, or you might have bean refering to the post above.

Edit: err... read dj's post above. Giving credit is self explanatory, but is there anything else i should keep in mind? (When making a cw game.)
Yeah I was wondering since I already explained it a few days ago :P. Otherwise I think things should be fine. About game making, one thing to keep in mind is that Walrii originates from several thousands of years in the future after most Earth species including humans were eliminated during WW3 and the rest slowly mutated into walruses from the nuclear fallout during the next few generations. Walrii could definitively appear earlier in time, though, by using the time machine  excuse in the story or something. :P

Snektron

Quote from: c4ooo on September 21, 2015, 11:34:40 PM

Hentai walrus? :trollface:

Nice job though :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 24, 2015, 09:09:27 PM
Quote from: c4ooo on September 24, 2015, 08:06:43 PM

Yeah I was wondering since I already explained it a few days ago :P. Otherwise I think things should be fine. About game making, one thing to keep in mind is that Walrii originates from several thousands of years in the future after most Earth species including humans were eliminated during WW3 and the rest slowly mutated into walruses from the nuclear fallout during the next few generations. Walrii could definitively appear earlier in time, though, by using the time machine  excuse in the story or something. :P
So should i add subtle political messages and anti-human satire while ime at it? :P
And what font should i use? I doubt i will be able to draw every letter in the logo font.

Dream of Omnimaga

You don't have to. Just make it a world with just walruses (or close) in it and make it as cute as possible :P

Yuki

I'm not sure if I ever posted it here, but have fanart made in PICO-8 I did back in April.

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here