Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Just to make things clear...

Started by Yuki, July 16, 2017, 04:56:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

First of all, we're sorry for all the inconvenience during another small downtime. Hope we didn't scared you away.

Now, we're sad to announce @aeTIos and @Streetwalrus have resigned from their staff positions, and @xlibman, while still formally part of the staff with decisional rights, have been stripped from any administrative powers he had.

On that, I'm going on semi-hiatus while real life happens, as the only one with full admin rights so far, I'll be there when I'll be able to be online and I'll be back in a few weeks. Rest assured the site won't be going anywhere until then. Meanwhile, be sure to post your suggestions and constructive opinions on this thread and we'll get to it after then.

See ya soon!
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, technically I stripped myself from all my forum admin powers at least a month or two ago and I had talked about doing it for months before when I saw the writing on the wall, but for some reasons no one removed me from PhpMyAdmin, even after the other incident a week or two ago, and pimath is not the only person here who ends up doing all sort of weird c when subject to a great load of stress and anxiety.

Given what I have explained in the other topic (which is secret) and the fact drama is back at CW, I don't think I will be part of the forum maintenance and topic manager groups until April 2018 at the earliest (although I think stress will go down in a few months, but I'll probably be tired).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Caleb Hansberry

I don't think there's enough time and skill resources available to keep this site running, from what I see. People are getting busy with life sh**...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Yuki

Quote from: xlibman on July 16, 2017, 05:33:31 AM
Well, technically I stripped myself from all my forum admin powers at least a month or two ago and I had talked about doing it for months before when I saw the writing on the wall, but for some reasons no one removed me from PhpMyAdmin, even after the other incident a week or two ago, and pimath is not the only person here who ends up doing all sort of weird c when subject to a great load of stress and anxiety.
Yeah, we forgot some stuff... Again, might blame that on stress and anxiety. Well, what can I say, just relax and everything will go well. Anyway, I made sure this time.

Quote from: Caleb Hansberry on July 16, 2017, 05:35:51 AM
I don't think there's enough time and skill resources available to keep this site running, from what I see. People are getting busy with life sh**...
Yeah, that's why @xlibman started that thread, with limited resources we fear we might reach a point where it's not worth it anymore to throw money at it to keep it running. We don't really want to maintain a site on Omnimaga-level of activity.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Make sure to read the rest of the posts in the other thread too for updates
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

SopaXorzTaker

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
:(

Uh, can I help the site in any way?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE, TI-82, fx-991ES

kotu

• Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: SopaXorzTaker on July 25, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

By posting more or via donations/ads?

Yuki

Yep, that's pretty much what you should do, make the site more lively, organize unofficial contests, post about your current projects. Donating would also help. Speaking of which, ever since last time the site has been down last week or so, the winning bid on the ad box has consistently been over the point where I can theorically pay for the hosting every month, which I estimated at a bit over exactly $0.60/day*. (Of course, I should wait a month to see if it did paid the server, but still, it's pretty cool.) So... thanks @xlibman? Well, actually, thanks Caleb and Cemetech.

*Something around $0.70/day, if you account for the domain names.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

SopaXorzTaker

Quote from: xlibman on July 26, 2017, 06:59:34 AM
Quote from: SopaXorzTaker on July 25, 2017, 11:55:00 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

By posting more or via donations/ads?

Uhh, I actually can donate some BTC, but uh, I'd rather keep my precious coins :P
I don't block the ads on the site though, as Project Wonderful definitely is one of the best advertising networks from the user's point of view.

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't even know how BTC works  (as in, how are you supposed to exchange them for real money, and which site supports them, because SMF 2.0.x lacks bitcoin support)

SopaXorzTaker

Quote from: xlibman on July 26, 2017, 05:31:34 PM
I don't even know how BTC works  (as in, how are you supposed to exchange them for real money, and which site supports them, because SMF 2.0.x lacks bitcoin support)

There are services to automatically exchange the payments, such as Coinbase.

Yuki

Yeah, we'd love to, but none of us really use bitcoins, we're kinda inexperienced in stock exchange and everyone we owe money to wants it in US dollars, so you probably want to go through Coinbase first.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN