Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The Legend of Zelda: Dark Link Quest (2004)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 27, 2023, 11:59:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

In 2004 I released Zelda: Dark Link Quest, using picture variables beyond the officially supported limit of Pic0 through Pic9. Unfortunately, Texas Instruments eventually changed how group files are sent to calculators around that time, preventing the game from being sent to the TI-83+ and TI-83+SE without TI-Graph Link software, meaning you needed a 32-Bit computer to send it. In 2007, I thought I released a fixed version for TI-Connect and other modern softwares, but alas it wasn't the case, as many important files were missing from the 2007 upload. Thanks to LogicalJoe from Cemetech, the game has now been saved from being lost to time and can now be sent to TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus series calculators using TI-Connect CE or other modern linking softwares!

Ancient Zelda game made with TI-BASIC using various ASM libraries, now updated for modern linking softwares and TI-84 Plus compatibility. Since the game has dated code and predates xLIB APP, Celtic III and Doors CS 7, it has hundreds of sub-programs and a 15 MHz calculator is recommended for speed reasons.

With the exception of games made with the Action-RPG Construction Set, Zelda DLQ is the only Zelda game project ever completed for TI-83+SE and TI-84+/SE calculators. It is semi-open-world, there are three dungeons, various items from the original games and various monsters.

https://tiplanet.org/forum/archives_voir.php?id=15440
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U