Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Cloudflare Vulnerability Found - Time to Change Passwords

Started by pimathbrainiac, February 24, 2017, 05:34:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Pretty much. We can always enable it in case we need DDoS protection and/or we make the front page of Reddit or something, or any big file that needs a CDN.

Which I hope might never happen. (Well I'd like to make the front page of Reddit, but I hope it won't strain the server.)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Unicorn

Quick! Make DoomCE so we can be on reddit, Mateo! :P So do you guys suggest changing our password here or what?
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

@Unicorn if a very big CW game (particularly a mainstream name like Doom, Mario, whatever) makes it on Reddit front page (eg if you post it there) or the top of a sub-reddit, make sure to warn the CW staff via PM so that we can make the entire staff global moderator :P (*glares at the nDoom incident*)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 05, 2017, 05:41:59 AM
@Unicorn if a very big CW game (particularly a mainstream name like Doom, Mario, whatever) makes it on Reddit front page (eg if you post it there) or the top of a sub-reddit, make sure to warn the CW staff via PM so that we can make the entire staff global moderator :P (*glares at the nDoom incident*)
Me wants storytime :3
* c4ooo runs

Dream of Omnimaga

nDoom made front page on many huge gaming news websites in Feb 2011 then again in Mar 2011. It also made it to EncyclopediaDramatica forum. The result is that a troll invasion ensued on Omnimaga and it almost went out of control (although the way some veterans of another site intervened near the end, after most of the problem had been solved, didn't help).

Also I recall Omnimaga hosting provider getting DDoS'ed multiple times shortly after the troll invasion and somewhere in early 2012. Not sure if it was linked to nDoom going viral, though. If anything, it would have been much worse if gaming sites had linked directly to Omnimaga first rather than my Youtube video (which got 500,000 views in a week).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

I hope you had that video monetized :trollface: But yeah, it would probably be a good idea to warn admins :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Monetization did not exist on Youtube back then. Plus even if it did, in 2012-13 or so my video was wrongly claimed by some Belgian TV network for a few months until the copyright claim was revoked, so I would have lost a lot of my money. Besides, I am unsure if I would be allowed to make ad money on a video about a game I did not make. :P