Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Runescape 3

Started by Jokeriske, April 27, 2016, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jokeriske

Runescape 3

Yes, this game still exists. in fact they recently released a whole new client.

Runescape first was coded in java but now in c++.

I was wondering if anyone on here currently plays it, if you do let me know we might can play together ;-)

This was my account but it got hacked, now i started over and i'm racing to max with my cousin (Kevin)

aetios

I don't, but I could probably make an account :)
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

There was a Runescape 2? O.O
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Jokeriske

Quote from: aeTIos on April 27, 2016, 02:38:39 PM
I don't, but I could probably make an account :)

that would be awesome :)
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 03:02:43 PM
There was a Runescape 2? O.O

yeah, now we have runescape classic, runescape 3 and oldschool runescape

EDIT (DJ Omnimaga): Merged double-post

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah ok. This is konda confusing. I thought it was still the first game all along, but with updated graphics and new maps/items/etc. By the way, don't get addicted to MMORPGs. <.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Jokeriske

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 03:38:17 PM
Ah ok. This is konda confusing. I thought it was still the first game all along, but with updated graphics and new maps/items/etc. By the way, don't get addicted to MMORPGs. <.<

why not? :P runescape is the only game i actually play

Dream of Omnimaga

I mean, there are people who literally disappeared from the real world by being addicted to it. They stopped any online and offline interaction they had, ruined their school grades and stuff like that. Playing it a lot is fine but we still want to see you around :P

Jokeriske

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 03:44:45 PM
I mean, there are people who literally disappeared from the real world by being addicted to it. They stopped any online and offline interaction they had, ruined their school grades and stuff like that. Playing it a lot is fine but we still want to see you around :P

hehe yeah i understand :P , i just play it because i like it, not because i want to be in the top 10 or so :P

Yuki

Eh, it's probably been 10 years I played. Didn't particularly liked it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Some people disliked Runescape because the graphics were several years behind in technology. In 2003 they were even worse than Nintendo 64 graphics and even years later when they got updated they were still behind compared to other MMORPGs. That said, graphics don't necessarily make a good game alone. There are probably people who just didn't like the style or got bored after a while, like with WoW.

aetios

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 04:30:49 PM
Some people disliked Runescape because the graphics were several years behind in technology. In 2003 they were even worse than Nintendo 64 graphics and even years later when they got updated they were still behind compared to other MMORPGs. That said, graphics don't necessarily make a good game alone. There are probably people who just didn't like the style or got bored after a while, like with WoW.
Eh, RS3 is pretty nice. One of the reasons why RS has such a huge following though, is that the system requirements are very low. Almost everyone can play it and pre-teens don't really care about graphics quality that much :P
ceci n'est pas une signature

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 03:44:45 PM
That is me with World of Tanks :P except I am still doing well in school xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

There are people who died after playing WoW for 19-72 hours straight. They were so addicted that they would not even stop playing to drink, eat nor rest. O.O
Quote from: aeTIos on April 28, 2016, 07:22:06 AM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 27, 2016, 04:30:49 PM
Eh, RS3 is pretty nice. One of the reasons why RS has such a huge following though, is that the system requirements are very low. Almost everyone can play it and pre-teens don't really care about graphics quality that much :P
Isn't RS web-based, though? I mean, I noticed that many web-based games, especially those written in emscripten, javascript or whatever, tend to eat up a lot of resources depending of which web browser your use. Opossum Massage Simulator, for example, takes 15% of my quad-core Intel i7 CPU  and makes my CPU fan spin at max speed when I play for over 2 minutes in the CodeWalrus arcade, and that's a 2D game.

JosJuice

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 28, 2016, 06:16:28 PM
Isn't RS web-based, though? I mean, I noticed that many web-based games, especially those written in emscripten, javascript or whatever, tend to eat up a lot of resources depending of which web browser your use. Opossum Massage Simulator, for example, takes 15% of my quad-core Intel i7 CPU  and makes my CPU fan spin at max speed when I play for over 2 minutes in the CodeWalrus arcade, and that's a 2D game.
RuneSpace used to be all in Java (and it still is unless you're using the downloadable client). That was a lot faster than JavaScript, especially back in the past when JavaScript wasn't as optimized as it is on modern browsers. Of course, it had downsides like requiring a browser plugin, but there weren't really any other ways to run complex games in browsers back then.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, Casio fx-CG10

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh, I thought it was in JS and PHP or something like that.