Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Rainbow Six Siege VS CS:GO

Started by Araidia, October 13, 2015, 05:03:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

Pretty much what the title states.
Please just don't say "I like _______ and deal with it." Actually explain a bit   :D
(I'm actually really excited for the release of Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor!)
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

I might take a look at it. I haven't been into the series much in recent years, plus the $79.99 games lately might deter me from buying it, but maybe if the price drops, who knows?

Is it also for consoles? Because I doubt my PC can run it. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I'm not fond of FPSes and such games (also they're pretty expensive when they come out), but Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor has been made by Ubisoft Montréal, in the province I live, so it can't be bad, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Snektron

The only fps im playing is gmod :P
Though i should pick csgo up some time
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on October 13, 2015, 06:01:35 AM
I'm not fond of FPSes and such games (also they're pretty expensive when they come out), but Rainbow Six Siege and For Honor has been made by Ubisoft Montréal, in the province I live, so it can't be bad, right?
It depends. Most people seems to lash out at Ubisoft unless they live in France or Quebec (patriotism? :P). IIRC the issue is that most games come out with lower-quality graphics than what's presented at E3.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Or the fact theyre buggy... Ubisoft doesnt exactly have the best name.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 13, 2015, 06:20:42 AM
Quote from: Juju on October 13, 2015, 06:01:35 AM
It depends. Most people seems to lash out at Ubisoft unless they live in France or Quebec (patriotism? :P). IIRC the issue is that most games come out with lower-quality graphics than what's presented at E3.
People here sure love their local products, plus I guess you're pretty much guaranteed the French translation is good because, well, it's done by a team of French-speaking people?

And the thing about what you see at E3, either they run it on the computer with the highest specs you can find so you can put all the settings on ultra-high, or the videos are just not rendered in real time.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 13, 2015, 05:24:11 AM
I might take a look at it. I haven't been into the series much in recent years, plus the $79.99 games lately might deter me from buying it, but maybe if the price drops, who knows?

Is it also for consoles? Because I doubt my PC can run it. :P
CS:GO is only $14.99, and I've heard that it can run smoothly on the older computers. CS:GO also is on console, but no one plays it  Rainbow six siege is $60 pre-order, and I think it won't run as well on the older computers because of all the interactive terrain and etc. Rainbow Six Siege is also on the PS4.

Max Leiter

I have like 1500 hours in CSGO, so I may be biased d: (I'm LE/LEM)

The only reason I won't buy Six Siege is because I _hate_ Ubisoft with a passion after Watchdogs and the last few Assassins Creeds

Dream of Omnimaga

Nowadays the issue is the overabundance of sequels. Once a popular game comes out, some companies just produces sequels without adding anything new to them and they still make lots of money from hardcore fans. Just look at sports games: Over here NHL games sell like crazy as soon as they come out. However, the result is that in a few years they are worth nothing in terms of resale value.
Quote from: Max Leiter on October 13, 2015, 11:22:59 PM
The only reason I won't buy Six Siege is because I _hate_ Ubisoft with a passion after Watchdogs and the last few Assassins Creeds

IMHO I don't think it's wise to not buy a game only because it was made by a specific company unless almost every game they released in the last decade are crap (eg Titus Software, especially with Superman 64. No wonder why they went bankrupt). But again, if the company has a repeated history of screwing customers over, then sometimes the best thing to do is collectively stop buying their games.

novenary

Ubisoft is known for crappy quality though. I've tried Watchdogs too, the game is a crappy console port and it's not interesting at all.

Araidia

Quote from: Streetwalrus on October 21, 2015, 08:00:01 AM
Ubisoft is known for crappy quality though. I've tried Watchdogs too, the game is a crappy console port and it's not interesting at all.
I think it's more of a hit or miss most of the time

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it depends. Assassin's Creed seemed polished overall at first and some of their past games had good reviews. It's just that they release too many sequels and sometimes spends less time polishing their games. I'm not much into AC, though.