You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here. | New CodeWalrus | Old (dark mode) | Old (light) | Discord server

The calculator of your dreams (or your fears)

b/Calculator Talk Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 30, 2015, 02:57:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

u/123outerme March 04, 2016, 11:16:39 PM
My dream calc would be a TI-84+CSE, but with a processor faster than the CE, more memory, less memory restraints with ASM, and an OS akin to Doors CSE, but with a menu option for calculations. So basically a gaming calculator O.O
u/Dream of Omnimaga March 04, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
Yeah I agree that calcs don't need to be fancy. It's a calculator, after all.

The problem with current graphing calcs is not that they're underpowered. It's that they're way overpriced for their technical specs. Seriously, charging $90 for a 6 MHz 24 KB RAM 160 KB Flash computer-ish device is just ridiculous.

THe only worry I have with a monochrome screen @DarkestEx is that without a backlight it's hard to see the screen and we can't use it when it's dark. Hence my backlit screen suggestion. The backlight could be turned ON/OFF in options or with a button.
u/aetios March 05, 2016, 08:57:03 AM
Quote from: 123outerme on March 04, 2016, 11:16:39 PM
My dream calc would be a TI-84+CSE, but with a processor faster than the CE, more memory, less memory restraints with ASM, and an OS akin to Doors CSE, but with a menu option for calculations. So basically a gaming calculator O.O
Did you just describe a very fancy gameboy with a calculation function?
u/DarkestEx March 05, 2016, 01:33:23 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 04, 2016, 11:18:40 PM
Yeah I agree that calcs don't need to be fancy. It's a calculator, after all.

The problem with current graphing calcs is not that they're underpowered. It's that they're way overpriced for their technical specs. Seriously, charging $90 for a 6 MHz 24 KB RAM 160 KB Flash computer-ish device is just ridiculous.

THe only worry I have with a monochrome screen @DarkestEx is that without a backlight it's hard to see the screen and we can't use it when it's dark. Hence my backlit screen suggestion. The backlight could be turned ON/OFF in options or with a button.
Sure backlight would be no problem.
Website statistics

MyCalcs | Ticalc.org | Cemetech | Omnimaga | TI-Basic Developer | MaxCoderz | TI-Story | Casiocalc.org | Casiopeia | The Museum of HP Calculators | HPCalc.org | CnCalc.org | Music 2000 Community | TI Education | Casio Education | HP Calcs | NumWorks | SwissMicros | Sharp Calculators