Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

(porting suggestion) Super Smash Bros & Pokémon for the CE

Started by Hayleia, February 10, 2016, 02:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Ah I see. They probably have the TI mentality about the Nspire, then <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I think the only reason my mom didn't care that I jailbroke my old iPod is because I never told her what it actually meant according to Apple.  <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Well, to be honest, if I was a parent, I would probably just give my kids an Android device so that they don't need to jailbreak it and risk damaging their phone or something. When I tried jailbreaking my iPod Touch a few years ago, I followed all instructions carefully, yet a few days later when I turned my device on it just showed the Apple logo and I had to reformat it. After this happened twice in a week I just gave up.

Anyway back on topic, I wish that xLIBCE supported picvars of up to 64 KB in size, even if it meant only having one at once. It would make it much easier to store sprite data. Right now, if I was to make a Pokémon game with walruses, I would always end up with plenty of empty spaces in each tilepic and have to separate one sprite or two to fit every remaining empty spot. It would be a major chore to work with, compared to the HP Prime.

On a side note, does a SSB game absolutely need scrolling? Could it just be adapted to use 8x8 sprites and a smaller map?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U