Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Don't touch the spikes remake with Walriis[walrii contest][ti nspire][lua]

Started by semiprocoder, December 27, 2015, 04:39:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alexgt

O.O looks great ^.^ :w00t: iron walrii :P

But you should make a uni-beam that comes out of the eyes destroying the spikes O.O
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

I haven't really done too much development, unfortunately. I will try to add some more to this game before the deadline though.
However I don't know how well I will be able to test whether this works going forward, as I(think) I might have lost my calculator two days ago.
Nvm I managed to find it after like an hour of searching.
  • Calculators owned: ti nspire, ti 84 plus se
My cemetech username is awesommee333.

Dream of Omnimaga

I was scared for a bit. It would suck if the entry was canceled due to stolen or lost calculator. >.<

I recently had to search for my phone for half an hour and thought I disposed of it by accident somewhere. >.<

Also I was asking if this was progressing since it seemed close to being done (or at least the gameplay part), and the contest deadline is arriving fast.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

semiprocoder

Well, I've finally done something on this again. I added a third powerup, which is invincibility(theres a blue bar that shows how much time is left for it), which the french walrii has.
Also, I've added a timer mode, in which you try to get as many points in two minutes. You lose 3 points if you hit a spike, but you still die if you hit the ceiling or floor, no matter how much time is left on the timer.

Here is the image:

c4ooo

semiprocoder

Quote from: c4ooo on January 13, 2016, 12:03:23 AM
Image is broken  :( Anyhow, nice work! :)

Thanks!

I think it might be because the image is kind of large, 3.4 mb. Still should be easily loadable, but maybe? I see it just fine in any case. I have no idea why recently my images have been so large, but for some reason something has been up with compression or something, making images a couple of times larger(@DJOmnimaga you have any tips to reduce the filesize?)

c4ooo

I think it is because the site your useing does not support hot linking. Just use imgur or something ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

Looks very great and hard ^.^

I assume it's almost ready, right?

semiprocoder

Well. It's not done yet, but I have to submit it as it is right now. I was planning to add a couple more walriis and to change the stats of their powerups a bit. However, my computer's hard drive broke, and I cant have the student software on more than one computer, so I can no longer develop this.

Also DJ just a note when you're scoring can you please take this into consideration to not count the glitch that you can buy walriis without having enough money for them? It can be removed with one line of code, and I was planning to do so when I finished, as I had it for testing purposes, but I can no remove that line :(.

Dream of Omnimaga

That sucks about your computer. :(. You should e-mail TI-Cares about your license issue and I'm sure they would be glad to help you if you provide them the serial number. It would suck if you had to quit calc dev because of that >.<. Isn't it possible to develop on-calc, though, via OCLua or something? In any case, I hope you can get a new license (normally TI are cooperative about such matters because many TI community users switched computers and managed to get a new license from them)

I'm glad that you could manage to get one version out, though. Do you think you can submit it from a different computer?

semiprocoder

Yeah I'll try that. For now I now realized that there is a thing called a free trial, which I am now using on my older(but still working) computer. Thus the development of this program will be finished! =

Dream of Omnimaga

That is good to hear. Hopefully you can find a permanent solution, though.

semiprocoder

Well, I've pretty much finished the game. I added two more walriis, centered the store,  disabled being able to buy stuff without having enough money, made the invincibility last a bit longer, and made more walriis have the invincibility ability.
My other comp doesn't have any real recording software and I'm too lazy/forget the names(just looked by the image on the taskbar) to be able to record the new gameplay.

Anyways, I just need to add a readme and a copy of the readme on calc, as on of the menu items, and then I will be done with the game. Also I need to come up with a new name for this game that takes something from walriis.

EDIT: I've finished and submitted my code.

Dream of Omnimaga

I confirm that I received your entry. I'll give the tns a try later to see if it works. I can't wait to play :)