Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalTourney [walrii contest] [TI 84+ CSE] [xLIBC] [BASIC]

Started by Unicorn, December 17, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

That is good. I was a bit worried since you resumed this recently and the game changed a bit, plus with DarkestEx not having started coding yet I was worried that some other entries had no line of code written yet either, just a week before the deadline >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Well, you get to see some progress!

I had erasing of the player down, but I tried a new way of erasing that didn't work, and I haven't changed it back yet. I'm working on erasing for the target, and I have a new sprite for that. If you notice that the tophats of the drawn walruses kinda disappear, that is when the throwing sprite is supposed to show up. I changed the sprite location, so that's gonna get fixed soon as well.

And dang, jsTIfied is sloooooow when recording in chrome O.O I should really make sure firefox works.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

That looks cool :D. Does erasing the old way slow the game down? It seems pretty fast. As for jsTIfied, I had issues as well, so I use WabbitEmu unless I don't need much speed. Wabbit crashes more, though, so when I don't take screenshots, jsTIfied is recommended.

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Erasing now is drawing a rectangle, and if I didn't want to do that (it looks much nice sithout using the rectangle) I would need to use 4 extra pixels on each side of the sprite on the spritesheet, but no rectangle command. That is how my target is erased. I may do that someday. A new screenshot right now would actially be worth it, but my kindle doesnt have a usb port. :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, maybe the circle should be red if it's kept?

Unicorn

Just what I was thinking, heres a screenshot update :)

I'm gonna remove the baseball as it hits the green, or not when it hits the target

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It might be best to remove it when it hits the green, since it looks a bit weird when the target moves over (since the target isn't transparent). But overall this looks quite good :)

Also, aside from the sprites, this reminds me a bit of Atari 2600 games. :P

Unicorn

Yeah, that is what I am working on. Hopefully more progress this weekend!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

Thanks! After a day of focusing more on programming then schoolwork, I have finished! It is a demo and a little bit more. The whole game works, but the highscores are saved as variables, and all the walruses are unlocked. I will fix that if I have time.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

There is a small display bug in the walrus selection screen: If you move the cursor too fast the other walrus remains in inverted colors with a square around him.

alexgt

I noticed that on Critor's video too.
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 24, 2016, 07:51:51 AM
There is a small display bug in the walrus selection screen: If you move the cursor too fast the other walrus remains in inverted colors with a square around him.
Yeah... There is no remove invert rectangle command in xlibc (that I know of), so I'm gonna need to do something about fixing that. Maybe use  another variable or something.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

JWinslow23

Quote from: Unicorn on January 24, 2016, 06:27:59 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 24, 2016, 07:51:51 AM
Yeah... There is no remove invert rectangle command in xlibc (that I know of), so I'm gonna need to do something about fixing that. Maybe use  another variable or something.
You know, inverting something twice brings it back to how it was before...;)

Unicorn

Yes, that was how I had it blinking, but I think I have to put the invert command into an If statement and and change a variable between 1 and 0 when the invert command is called.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???