Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

WalTourney [walrii contest] [TI 84+ CSE] [xLIBC] [BASIC]

Started by Unicorn, December 17, 2015, 05:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

If you need help with setting up xLIBC sprites and stuff, I'm happy to help.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Unicorn

Quote from: 123outerme on January 02, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
I'm all set for that, xLIBC makes sense to me now :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: 123outerme on January 02, 2016, 06:30:07 PM
Note that the contest doesn't allow people to help each others with code and stuff, though :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I don't think Unicorn in participating anymore :(
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Woah, I still am! I was just hanging out with friends last weekend, I'm still in this! ;)

Anyways, I just messed around on-cac (my spritesheet was already uploaded) and now all the sprites are displaying. I just need to implement the gameplay, along with a background (that reminds me, I also need a tophat to through things into) , then the walrus spinner (to get walriis and throwing items), then walrus powerups, then throwing item powerups. Then, the game is done! Hopefully I can add more characters to keep the game going for a while if I have extra time.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually maybe it was c4ooo that wasn't participating anymore, but he said he might try to sneak in a quick entry. I'm glad that you're still in, by the way. :)

Will the walrus spinner be the walrified Pokéball sprite? :P

Unicorn

Thanks! :)

Actually... that is a good idea. I won't have to create some weird spinning animation.

Gameplay/Info
Through a baseball at a moving object as a :walrii:
Get 1 coin when a Coin object appears and you hit it.
Once you get 10-20 coins (I'm going to finalize a number for that once the gameplay is done), you get a walriiball to get either a new throwing object or new character.
Each object and character gives you certain perks, like more money made and so on.

Item and Character Buffs
Will be listed soon

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oddly enough, I once wanted to make a baseball Walrii sprite, but I finally didn't due to lack of motivation :P

a sports game would probably be quite hard under such time frame, though. It would have to be a dumbed down version of baseball or whatever you want to make.

Unicorn

Oh, lol, its not a sports game :P
You throw an item at a moving object, and once you hit it you get points and rarley some coins.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Unicorn

Bumpdate!

Got general game mechanics halfway done, and I'm ready to implement a menu, scoring, and character selection. (Currency and character unlocking will come later)

Just a note to myself: add a separate spritesheet with rotated silhouettes to erase characters.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see about the game genre now, lol. Glad to see updates, by the way :)

Unicorn

Thanks :) And yeah, if I buckle down for an hour and just program this thing I should be able to have the game done, along with half of the currency system finished. :3

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

What have you done so far?

Unicorn

Well movement of the player is set, along with the movement of the target, and you can now throw things. There is no collision detection, but that will come after I make the throwing items smaller. Should have a screenshot by tomorrow.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???