Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[PC] Wal-Rush! (Scratch/Flash)

Started by JWinslow23, December 14, 2015, 12:33:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kegwaan

It seems like something I'd get in trouble for playing during math class. Jk, I make sure I don't get caught  8) Looks fantastic though  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

JWinslow23

Hahah, thank you!

DO NOT READ THIS UNLESS YOU ARE A CONTEST MODERATOR
That binary I posted is not of my Walrii program, in any prototype, beta, or final form or otherwise. It is a TI-BASIC program that has these contents:

ClrHome:Disp "Are you kidding?","You think I'd","disqualify my","entry this early","on? No way! :P

I have broken no rules. I just had a little fun :P
[close]

Dream of Omnimaga

I'm glad that this program is fake and not from the real contest entry <_<

Also this looks nice so far. I was worried about the motion blur making anything hard to see, but it doesn't seem too bad. Does it flicker a lot on the real machine?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 10:55:38 PM

Also this looks nice so far. I was worried about the motion blur making anything hard to see, but it doesn't seem too bad. Does it flicker a lot on the real machine?
Hey, don't give me that look! Gah :banghead:

And thanks. It actually does flicker very noticeably (not enough to ruin the gray effect, but enough for you to see that it's flashing two images over and over). I might as well make this 15MHz only. :-\

kegwaan

I haven't seen anything posted here in a while, but I'm just curious as to how the project is going? Any optimizations that made it faster? Or any new features?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+ SE, TI-84+ CSE
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: JWinslow23 on December 14, 2015, 10:57:54 PM
Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 14, 2015, 10:55:38 PM

Hey, don't give me that look! Gah :banghead:

And thanks. It actually does flicker very noticeably (not enough to ruin the gray effect, but enough for you to see that it's flashing two images over and over). I might as well make this 15MHz only. :-\
It depends. If the flicker isn't that much worse than in Desolate then I think it should be fine. Even Reuben-BASIC-like flicker (when it ran at 15 MHz) would be tolerable, but with scrolling it would not be ideal. 15 MHz is fine for the contest.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

caleb1997

• Calculators owned: CSE, CE

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the result, so far. Also interesting that Walrii grows in size in this game :P

alexgt

Nice! I like the power up ;). When will you have batteries for your calc ???
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

novenary

Oh my, a flappy game. You are evil. Nice job at any rate. :)

alexgt

Well it definitely doesn't look as hard as flappy bird :P

novenary

Yeah indeed, but it does look fairly similar. :P

alexgt

The difference is that it has WALRII's ^.^

Dream of Omnimaga

It seems like it looks harder than Flappy Bird :P