Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Star Wars Episode VII, who's going?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 05, 2015, 08:08:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

I know that a lot of geeks are more trekkies than Star Wars fans and a lot prefer Episode IV through VI, but I was wondering if anyone is going to watch Episode VII? I'm personally thrilled, since it has been a while since the last movie and I'm curious if Disney have done it well or not, so I'm definitively going to see.

I was personally not as much into episode I, even if I still liked it a bit.

One thing, though: At some point I want to rewatch the entire series thoroughly. Should I watch them from I to VII, I-III and IV-VII, skip III or a different order?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

LD Studios

I'll be going to see it. I recently watched all the films in one sitting in the Machete Order except that I didn't skip Episode I. It was a pretty good order for watching it.

Dream of Omnimaga

I personally don't see why so many people despise Episode I actually. I feel it's not as great, but it's not bad either. I'll be sure to watch it again if I do a Star Wars marathon. But before the marathon I will most likely watch VII at the theater. Sadly it will most likely be 3D, thus, cost an extra $3 x.x for usually 1% of 3D, but I guess being able to watch it on the largest screen in the theater will offset this.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Adriweb

I've bought my tickets for a while now (end of October), and I'll be in France this part of December, so I'll be watching Episode VII December 16th on before 11am, which is quite a bit before anyone in America :P
I'll spoil you all mwahahahaha
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

garvalf

I prefer episodes 1 to 3 rather than the oldies which aged quite much (like for Tron legacy vs the older Tron). The new Star Wars episode will certainly be good-looking and probably a great film but there are too much advertisement and derived product for it, so I won't go for watching it, at least not when I'm sure it will be crowded at the cinema...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ fr, TI-82
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: c64, zx spectrum, atari st, sega megadrive, sega master system, nintendo NES, gameboy...

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I noticed they were trying to create hype for so long. Every week there is so much hype since September that I always think the movie is being released next Friday.

As for Episode 1, I read some info about it and it looks like some people hate it because it's irrelevant to the rest of the series. Others dislike it because there are not enough spaceship battles it seems.

Also, when Episode 1 came out, afterward we kept hearing non-stop about it and they were making pretty much anything out of the film, such as Star Wars LEGO models, underwears, c, video games, food, etc. I hope it won't be 100 times worse this time, because they'll just annoy people over time and they won't care as much about Episode VIII if it comes out soon after VII.

Yuki

Heh, gotta watch every Star Wars movie, and I'm not skipping Episode I. And if I'm watching them all, better go hardcore and watch the Holiday Special as well.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait, what was the Holiday Special? Was it some sort of spin-off or smaller movie? Or do you mean they'll air movies on TV during the next holidays?

novenary

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 05, 2015, 08:08:43 PM
One thing, though: At some point I want to rewatch the entire series thoroughly. Should I watch them from I to VII, I-III and IV-VII, skip III or a different order?
Either I-VI or IV-VI then I-III. Definitely don't skip III though, it's the best movie of all 6. Episode IV didn't really age well imo, but I love them all. Definitely going to watch VII, hoping they didn't turn it into crap. Star Wars is one of my favorite universes. ^_^

Snektron

I haven't seen 4-6 yet, but i defenitely want to see them :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

DarkestEx

I won't go at all. I don't like Star wars at all and I am a 100% treckie.

Live long and prosper ;)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on December 07, 2015, 07:00:23 AM
Wait, what was the Holiday Special? Was it some sort of spin-off or smaller movie? Or do you mean they'll air movies on TV during the next holidays?
The infamous Star Wars Holiday Special was an direct-to-TV movie that aired only once in 1979 (about a year after Episode IV) on CBS and CTV, it was so bad (more so bad it's good, actually) even George Lucas tried to destroy every copy of it after its airing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

I am definitely going to see it I just really hope Disney does not screw it up xD
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

ben_g

Would it be necessary to view all other movies to be able to follow this one? Star wars seems interesting, but I haven't watched any movie of it yet, and since the first movies are quite old iirc, it may be hard to get into.

aetios

Quote from: ben_g on December 07, 2015, 05:54:55 PM
Would it be necessary to view all other movies to be able to follow this one? Star wars seems interesting, but I haven't watched any movie of it yet, and since the first movies are quite old iirc, it may be hard to get into.
Rest assured, the old movies are actually really good!
ceci n'est pas une signature