Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Webcomic] Muh new guilty pleasure - Sandra and Woo

Started by aetios, December 03, 2015, 12:06:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

So, I was browsing Explain XKCD this morning, when my eye got caught by an ad for Sandra & Woo. I'm usually not really the ad-clicker, but this particular one got my click because uhm uhm uhm uhm, it looked cute.... ( ・ิω・ิ) dammit i just blew my cover of strong manliness dont let my girlfriend know
So yeah, cute pic, got my clic... turns out to be a hilarious (and cute) webcomic.. I ended up reading about 450 of their averagely 4-pane comics. Not sure what else to say without spoiling things, but there's romance, movies, and pop/nerd culture references. Oh, also, the characters are like 12 years old but I don't care because I was 12 when the comic started (2008)

What else to say. IT ROCKS READ IT
ceci n'est pas une signature

Yuki

Dammit, I'm reading it too. It does look cute :3 Almost as cute as the other comics I'm reading, like Frivolesque (of which I own the book) and Ponto (of which I own a pin I have on my school bag).
screw my masculinity it's so cute~
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Indeed that comic is pretty awesome. :3
Also pretty much why I like cgdct stuff.
Manliness ? Wasdat ?

DarkestEx

Quote from: Streetwalrus on December 03, 2015, 07:05:04 AM
Indeed that comic is pretty awesome. :3
Also pretty much why I like cgdct stuff.
Manliness ? Wasdat ?
What's cgdct?

I read it in 9th grade :)
We had a little fan club in our class XD

Best thing, we finished over 300 comics per night :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

aetios

HOLY INSANE NECROPOST, BATMAN
Do you even check post dates O.O
Anyway, cgdct means 'cute girls doing cute things', it's sort of a slice of life genre in anime :)

DarkestEx

Quote from: aeTIos on October 17, 2016, 08:26:09 AM
HOLY INSANE NECROPOST, BATMAN
Do you even check post dates O.O
Anyway, cgdct means 'cute girls doing cute things', it's sort of a slice of life genre in anime :)
Ah ok thanks :)
Btw i am sick of people complaining about reviving old posts. There's nothing wrong with it. Old topics can be as recent and important as new ones.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p2

the sweetest of all things a girl could ever do is cooking for you  :love:
Which is actually a big part in many animes... cute giorls cooking great stuff ^.^

btw HAPPY NECROPOST DAY  :thumbsup:
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

DarkestEx

indeed @p2

@aeTIos I think I need to clarify this by making a claim:
If old posts that have not been interacted with for a year are something you should not post on, why not simply delete them all?
Now you might step in and say, because people might care about what was said there at some point (e.g. how to fix a piece of hardware that was described in a post that was last replied to 5 years ago). If somebody cares about the hardware and finds your forum and finds the solution there to his problem, there was a point in keeping the topic. And if he cares he might want to ask something too, as he still cares. So activity can start again.
There is nothing like a topic that nobody *ever* cares about anymore. Times come and go but people come back and sometimes have questions. I am not really saying that this is an important topic but it's nowhere near being obsolete. The comic series still exists and there are people reading it and asking questions. What angers me the most is if I post something on a topic in a forum that has not been replied to for 5 years and a mod then comes along and takes a big dump of how he "thinks" necroposts are bad and sometimes even locks the topic. Even though some of the old forum people are still around who could have answered the question. I ******* hate this behavoir!  :banghead:
I am not basing this example on you. But I just want to generally state my opinion.

p4nix

Quote from: p2 on October 17, 2016, 09:21:49 AM
Which is actually a big part in many animes... cute giorls cooking great stuff ^.^
NSFW
Great stuff = Methamphetamine? :trollface:
[close]
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

aetios

@DarkestEx Sorry, my bad, I didn't mean to sound condescending. I explained on IRC already but you might have missed it:
QuoteaeTIos:
darkest it's OK to revive old threads as long as you have an addition to make (which you did), I was just pointing it out because well, damn dat necro
I'm not mad, I'm just impressed that you even took the time to get back to this thread :P

/back to ontopic. Current arc is dank, with the devil stuff 'n c.

DarkestEx

Quote from: aeTIos on October 17, 2016, 11:37:32 AM
@DarkestEx Sorry, my bad, I didn't mean to sound condescending. I explained on IRC already but you might have missed it:
QuoteaeTIos:
darkest it's OK to revive old threads as long as you have an addition to make (which you did), I was just pointing it out because well, damn dat necro
I'm not mad, I'm just impressed that you even took the time to get back to this thread :P

/back to ontopic. Current arc is dank, with the devil stuff 'n s***.
Indeed. I resumed reading it :D