Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Welcome to the future

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, October 21, 2015, 05:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DarkestEx

Quote from: calcplays on October 22, 2015, 12:21:59 AM
I have seen all three multiple times, and the first is the best entry in the series. I think it is worth watching the entire trilogy, though.
Did you know that the original plan for Part II was for Biff to go back to the 1960s, when he actually would have been old enough to gamble?
It's no trilogy. I think there are like 5 parts out there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

Dream of Omnimaga

The movies are a trilogy, but there was a cartoon series afterwards and a video game, where they travel to different time periods and most explores the alternate 1985 style and how history should not be changed.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

DarkestEx

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 22, 2015, 04:27:39 PM
The movies are a trilogy, but there was a cartoon series afterwards and a video game, where they travel to different time periods and most explores the alternate 1985 style and how history should not be changed.
No I don't mean the cartoon series. I think I saw that there were more parts out. But maybe it was another movie.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p4nix

"SPOILER ALERT"
In 2045, 30 years from now, part 4 and 5 will be released.
[close]
  • Calculators owned: fx9860GII (SH4)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah there are only 3 movies. They have no plan for sequels, especially that the author seems to think that most remakes and sequels don't live up to original movies, plus Michael J Fox would need to be replaced due to parkingson disease.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

ben_g

The future is different from what the movie creators imagined. I just came across this youtube video that shows what the movie would have been like if it was accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LI_EqnJq8

Yuki

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 22, 2015, 10:19:32 PM
Yeah there are only 3 movies. They have no plan for sequels, especially that the author seems to think that most remakes and sequels don't live up to original movies, plus Michael J Fox would need to be replaced due to parkingson disease.
The third movie kinda concluded the trilogy, so making more movies would probably be considered milking it. Then the horse would die and Hollywood would beat it ad nauseam.

Although Telltale Games made a point and click game in 5 episodes, I have yet to try it but it looks quite interesting.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

DarkestEx

Quote from: ben_g on November 01, 2015, 10:24:53 PM
The future is different from what the movie creators imagined. I just came across this youtube video that shows what the movie would have been like if it was accurate.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4LI_EqnJq8
Thanks for posting that. Insta-subscribe :)

calcplays

How It Should Have Ended also posted a video to commemorate Back to the Future Day, although not in their usual fashion. Instead of showing how the second film should have ended, they depicted how it should have started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoPaDk7a0U

DarkestEx

Quote from: calcplays on November 02, 2015, 01:39:10 AM
How It Should Have Ended also posted a video to commemorate Back to the Future Day, although not in their usual fashion. Instead of showing how the second film should have ended, they depicted how it should have started.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxoPaDk7a0U
Better:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBBw9E2Q_aY

calcplays

I had to load some unsafe scripts to see the How It Should Have Ended videos, but the CollegeHumor one just showed up normally. What did I do wrong? (Am I even allowed to bring that up on a thread like this?)

DarkestEx

Quote from: calcplays on November 02, 2015, 03:07:54 AM
I had to load some unsafe scripts to see the How It Should Have Ended videos, but the CollegeHumor one just showed up normally. What did I do wrong? (Am I even allowed to bring that up on a thread like this?)
What do you mean?

novenary

I fixed your posts, the youtube mods we have are utter crap, if the link isn't properly formatted it won't work.

calcplays

Quote from: Streetwalrus on November 02, 2015, 09:22:06 AM
I fixed your posts, the youtube mods we have are utter crap, if the link isn't properly formatted it won't work.

Thank you. Was it that I used the shortened (".be") link instead of the full (".com") one?

Dream of Omnimaga

Just post the standard Youtube link normally and it should work. We also have a Youtube tag but it's deprecated and only was added to make it easier to cross-post between forums.

Also awesome videos guys :)