Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[4x3][the game][Z80][TI 84] The Game: Contest Edition

Started by Snektron, May 30, 2015, 10:37:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

How bout My GAME.

You always win ;)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 04, 2015, 05:32:01 PM
In which year did it came out, though? Because the game arrived on the Internet in 2002 IIRC.
The first known description about "The Game" in its current form WAS in 2002, you're right.
Before that, in 1987, Daniel Wegner performed studies on thought repression and ironic process theory, showing that if you try not to think about something, it's all you can think about.
Before that, circa 1976, the Cambridge University Science Fiction Society made a game where if you think about Finchley Central, you lose.
Before that, that same year, John Conway made a game called "Endgame" where the first person to make a move loses.
Before that, in 1947, Paul Goodman described a game where you must not think of a pink elephant.
Before that, in 1863, Fyodor Dostoyevsky said in one of his works, "Try to pose for yourself this task: not to think of a polar bear and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute."
Before that, circa 1840, Leo Tolstoy describes a game he used to play with his brother where they must "stand in a corner and not think of the white bear... but could not possibly manage, not to think of the white bear."

Game, set, MATCH.

Snektron

Me and brentmaas were in class discussing about training a neural net to win the game O.O

brentmaas

Lel I glitched Omni

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 05, 2015, 06:11:19 PM
In which year did it came out, though? Because the game arrived on the Internet in 2002 IIRC.
The first known description about "The Game" in its current form WAS in 2002, you're right.
Before that, in 1987, Daniel Wegner performed studies on thought repression and ironic process theory, showing that if you try not to think about something, it's all you can think about.
Before that, circa 1976, the Cambridge University Science Fiction Society made a game where if you think about Finchley Central, you lose.
Before that, that same year, John Conway made a game called "Endgame" where the first person to make a move loses.
Before that, in 1947, Paul Goodman described a game where you must not think of a pink elephant.
Before that, in 1863, Fyodor Dostoyevsky said in one of his works, "Try to pose for yourself this task: not to think of a polar bear and you will see that the cursed thing will come to mind every minute."
Before that, circa 1840, Leo Tolstoy describes a game he used to play with his brother where they must "stand in a corner and not think of the white bear... but could not possibly manage, not to think of the white bear."

Game, set, MATCH.
Is that real or made up? :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on June 05, 2015, 11:43:10 PM
Quote from: JWinslow23 on June 05, 2015, 06:11:19 PM

Game, set, MATCH.
Is that real or made up? :P
Oh, it's ALL real. Every last bit of it.

Snektron

Unicorn

You forgot about Tory Graps! He wrote in his diary of playing a game whre you can't think of a unicorn! This took place in the middle ages btw. :trollface:
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

c4ooo

Dream of Omnimaga

I am confused at what this post has to do with the previous discussion (or the topic) ???
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 15, 2015, 01:30:58 AM
I am confused at what this post has to do with the previous discussion (or the topic) ???
The author said you had to "find the right button", so I took a picture of the right arrow button on my calc  ;) If you guys think such puns are spammy, then I won't do that again :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh I see it now. >.< Puns are fine, although it's generally better to not necropost only to post a pun :P

Unicorn

Ha,I get it :P but yeah, punsar usually good for recent topics.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???