Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

:ninja: NAGOJI 4x3 [4x3 contest] [HP Prime]

Started by alexgt, April 30, 2015, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Hmm I'll see if I can come up with ideas for 2x3 or 3x3 sprites, but I can't promise anything. >.<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

Opps... I meant the actual boss game play like should there be fast moving obsticals that you doge and damage the boss or something like that. I didn't really mean sprites :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right. I don't know really. I guess maybe at the end of each stage the obstacles could suddenly go much faster with the screen colors inverted or something like that. Or you could go with no boss and just have the difficulty slowly increase. It would still be fun.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

I made the boss at the end make the screen go all trippy and there are random speeds to through you off (I haven't got to the end yet though). The game has no end it just gets really weird. Also when you die it displays a 8 bit binary representation of your score!

Unicorn

Sounds good! I need to work on my ending too.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

I need to practice my own game since I don't know if it works because I never got to the end :P

Unicorn

lol, thats used to be true for catnipper.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: alexgt on May 10, 2015, 06:17:25 PM
I made the boss at the end make the screen go all trippy and there are random speeds to through you off (I haven't got to the end yet though). The game has no end it just gets really weird. Also when you die it displays a 8 bit binary representation of your score!
Now that you mention this, you could make some bosses so that as the obstacles approach, they become harder and harder to see, then in later levels, they are even harder to see, only visible when in the second half of the screen, to finally only be visible for 1 frame.

alexgt

When you play it you will figure out how impossible that would be O.O. It is really hard at level 8 for me, displaying it for only 1 frame... I cannot bare to think of the rage...

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh wow O.O. By the way, will there be new screenies soon to show the new additions? :)

Snektron

Also when you die it displays a 8 bit binary representation of your score!

Oh i really like this :) can't wait to play the finished game :D
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 15, 2015, 07:12:59 AM
Oh wow O.O. By the way, will there be new screenies soon to show the new additions? :)
I am at school now so when I get home I will.

I also got to level 10 and then when the screen spammed I died instantly I tried again and I got back and it is really hard like I want it to be :). I also made it possible to win at 130 points, level ten starts at 100 before that you increased a level every ten, so there is 30 obsticals in level 10.

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on May 15, 2015, 09:24:52 AM
Also when you die it displays a 8 bit binary representation of your score!

Oh i really like this :) can't wait to play the finished game :D
I think it is the same speed on the emulator because I have a wait() command in there so you should be able to :). I made the arabic to binary converter in a separate program so I will release it here.

alexgt

I beat it! Now I need to make the screen that appears when you win, any ideas?

Dream of Omnimaga

The trick I found to make sure that a game is hard enough (unless you're really skilled) is to make the game about 4 times slower then try to beat it that way. If you have an hard time on your first few tries then it might be hard enough. It can be overkill in some cases, though, so it's not always the ideal solution, but it speeds up development and testing. :P

As for when you win I am unsure. you could always make the game scroll a banner of text through the screen or even just GG (which stands for good game in online games)

Unicorn

You cauld also use a 3x4 font that says made by alexgt cdewalr.us 4x3 challenge!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???