Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anime

Started by aetios, November 19, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

p3n4

Quote from: Streetwalrus on February 06, 2017, 07:25:04 AM
Welcome to cw @p3n4, what kind of anime do you watch?
Hello!
I always liked the genre but never really got into watching it myself. Suggestions are always welcome :)

Sorunome

Quote from: p3n4 on February 06, 2017, 03:06:21 PM
Quote from: Streetwalrus on February 06, 2017, 07:25:04 AM
Welcome to cw @p3n4, what kind of anime do you watch?
Hello!
I always liked the genre but never really got into watching it myself. Suggestions are always welcome :)
Swort Art Online!
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

pimathbrainiac

Current Season Watch List:

Dragon Maid
Kono Suba

...This season isn't very interesting, if all I'm watching are comedies :/
Well, I'm bach here too!

novenary

I'm watching Konosuba with @aeTIos and Urara.

p2

• Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

ordelore

I suggest recommend demand Shigatsu Wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April), Gin no Saji (Silver Spoon), One Punch Man, and Seven Deadly Sins to everyone here.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

p2

Uuuuh right, one punch man as well :D
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)

pimathbrainiac

I second Your Lie in April. It's a good drama.

In addition, here are some general recommendations:
  • Fullmetal Alchemist '03 and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, in that order - Both are really good. The first one focuses more on the building of Ed as a character pre-c hitting the fan, but Brotherhood is, in general, better. By watching '03, you feel more for Ed though, through both iterations of the series.
  • Hibike! Euphonium - Yes, I'm a band nerd. Yes, this is KyoAni. Yes, the characters look moe af. Yes, there is yuri(baiting). However, all that stuff, even if you don't like it, can be set aside for a really good, true-to-life, down-to-earth drama. Unlike Your Lie in April, which is a more dramatic form of drama (as in, "this is sad but this isn't going to happen to me most likely"), also using musicians, Hibike! tells a story that is closer to something that could happen to anyone. Both are good shows, but if you're not into being depressed 24/7, I suggest Hibike!
  • JoJo's Bizarre Adventure - Shounen for people who don't like shounen. It's 100+ episodes in its current state, but it's also split up into distinct parts, making it easier to watch.
  • The Devil is a Part Timer - One of the funniest comedies I've ever watched, in any medium. Satan working at McDonald's, need I say more?
  • Mahou Shoujo Madoka★Magica - Magical girl anime for people who don't like magical girl anime. It's really. freaking. good.
Well, I'm bach here too!

Yuki

I started watching Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid. It's pretty interesting.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

Ah yeah, the new KyoAni. Started watching it and also Gabriel DropOut, pretty fun shows.

pimathbrainiac

So I started watching Interviews With Monster Girls. It's pretty good, and it touches on disabilities in a way I really like.
Well, I'm bach here too!

p2

Quote from: wikipediaInterviews With Monster Girls

The story takes place in an age where "Ajin" (demi-human), more casually known as "Demi," have slowly started to become accepted into human society. Tetsuo Takahashi is a biology teacher who ends up teaching three such Demi, hoping to understand more about them while also managing to catch their attention.

(Source: Wikipedia)
so it's about the Ajin - Demi Human story, maybe a second part...?

novenary

Just picked up Seiren, watched 3 episodes, very nice show so far.