Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anime

Started by aetios, November 19, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

'Was wondering if it had a different name from the season 1. Thanks anyway
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

TIfanx1999

Quote from: aeTIos on January 03, 2015, 07:13:06 PM
Erm, watch season 2? Pretty easy :P
^This ^^

Also, someone told me Angel Beats is good, but I dunno anything about it. Also want to watch Attack on Titan, but I haven't found the time yet. Anyone seen it or have any comments on it?

aetios

You should definitely watch Angel Beats. While not a masterpiece, it's definitely a good show. For Attack on Titan, I watched episode 1 and put it on hold because I have too darn much anime to watch ^^; All I can say is that it's very WTF and shocking, but seems like a good story.

Finished Gochuumon wa usagi desu ka yesterday, highly recommended. It is rumored that a second season is in the making but I haven't seen any official news on that yet.

I started watching Little Busters! yesterday. Two episodes in, I'm going in totally unprepared. Totally going to finish this, I'm really interested.

Also downloaded Kin'iro Mosaic yesterday. Also a moe show like GWUDK. Been wanting to finish it for a while but I couldn't find a good release.
A Kancolle anime will start airing next Wednesday (Jan 6). Ever since I came across the franchise I knew it was going to have an anime. I hope it's good :D Does anyone else have recommendations for anime that start airing next season?
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

Is Attack on Titan in any way related to Titan After Earth?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

I don't see any link between the two.
Also, for GochiUsa, I found an official announcement for a second season! http://2chmokomokocat.blog72.fc2.com/blog-entry-6730.html

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok I was wondering due to the name. Titan After Earth wasn't an anime IIRC and it wasn't very popular but that movie has some cult following online.

EDIT: Actually the English title is Titan A.E.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Here are my favorites,

1) Death Note
2a) Attack on Titan
2b) Psycho-Pass
2c) Deadman Wonderland
3) Fullmetal Alchemist
4) Soul Eater
5) Fairy Tail
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

novenary

All the anime aeTIos is talking about seems pretty good and I should watch it.

That aside, Sora no method was genius. 10/10, you guys should watch it.
Code Geass is epic.
Log Horizon 2 gets better every episode.
SAO2 was a bit disappointing (first half was great although slow, second arc started great but they screwed it up imo).
I also strongly recommend Parasyte, Tokyo Ghoul and Akatsuki no Yona.

Oh and I approve of Angel Beats. Masterpiece for me.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 06, 2015, 01:28:17 PM
SAO2 was a bit disappointing (first half was great although slow, second arc started great but they screwed it up imo).

Is SAO2 about [REDACTED] sequestrated in [REDACTED], or is the next season?

CKH4

Quote from: Eiyeron on January 07, 2015, 10:16:46 AM

If I understand you correctly, SAO2 takes place after SAO and it's the next season.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

aetios

Quote from: CKH4 on January 07, 2015, 12:42:11 PM
Quote from: Eiyeron on January 07, 2015, 10:16:46 AM

If I understand you correctly, SAO2 takes place after SAO and it's the next season.
To add to that, and to address the thing eiyeron might be confused about, no, SAO2 is not the ALO arc.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

thanks aeTIos, I finally got it.

aetios

First episode of Kantai Collection is out! And boy, I like it. I wanna see how this turns out :D
I also finished Sora no Method yesterday. 11/10 will buy this on DVD/bluray. (probably buy DVD then download blurayrip because 1080p x) ), Highly recommended, this is by far the best anime of Fall 2014.
Another anime that's really promising is Akatsuki no Yona. Started in Oct '14, I thought it would run for ~24 episodes, maybe 2 seasons. But it turns out that it's a manga adaptation of a manga that's been running since Aug 2009, so I think that this might end up being a long-running anime. Feels cool to have jumped on the train from day one (even though I only caught up with it today, wathcing ~10 episodes :P)

novenary

Indeed, Sora no Method was very good. It's a must watch imo.

And yes it does feel pretty cool to have started a long running anime from day 1. :D

aetios

Quote from: Streetwalrus on January 08, 2015, 04:27:24 PM

And yes it does feel pretty cool to have started a long running anime from day 1. :D
Look at us just assuming that AnY is going to be a long run anime. Seems quite likely, though. First season is already halfway and not quite much has happened yet.