Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Anime

Started by aetios, November 19, 2014, 11:49:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aetios

talk about anime here

-insert anime talk-
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

Yup. You guys should definitely get an account on http://anilist.co, it's worth it and then we can share our lists.

This is mine : http://anilist.co/animelist/33134/Streetwalrus
And aeTIos's : http://anilist.co/animelist/29639/aeTIos

Dream of Omnimaga

I had a list of anime on another anime website like that one except I forgot the URL. >.< ANyway, in my case I was mostly into MCoG (the Mysterious Cities of Gold), although I don't know if Season 2 and higher count as anime, since they were not co-produced with Japan, unlike season 1.

EDIT: Oh right it was Anime Planet that I used. Here is my list http://www.anime-planet.com/users/DJOmnimaga/anime
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hmmm MCoG is good, I watched all of it with my sister when we were younger.

I think I should add a lot of Miyazaki movies to my list. I'm a huge fan and I have to (re)watch some of his masterpieces.

Dream of Omnimaga

Glad you liked MCoG too. Some people hate it because it lacks much action and it's too much exploring for their tastes, but it depends of people. I like the season 2 too although Kokapelt voice is friggin annoying in that version and the season is much shorter (26 episodes instead of 39), plus some graphics like the great condors don't look as polished since the conversion to CGI.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Hmmm I didn't watch season 2 yet. I should probably watch it though.

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way Season 2 picks up a few months after where season 1 left of. The reason why some people hate it is because they did not reuse the original voices and people generally prefer originals to newer stuff and it's next to impossible to do as good as in the original. The issue, though, is how the hell do you keep the same voices if season 2 was created 30 years later? I mean, are all the voice actors still even alive?

novenary

Well at least the people who voice acted the kids, but their voices changed. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

That said, I heard that one kid voice actor is still the same. I should check if that's true. O.O

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I went last week by Code Geass's first seasons. I have mixed reactions from friends about the last part so I'm waiting for some confirmations. Yet I tumbled by SAO and it looks pretty nice. I should watch it from start.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

novenary

Yes SAO is very good, it's definitely a must watch. :)

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

* Eiyeron is marking SAO in his watch wishlist.

Do you have any other suggestions?

novenary

Look at my list. Pretty much all of the shows I'm currently watching are really awesome (you may or may not like the shoujo stuff though :P), same for stuff I completed.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I'll have a look so. And yes, let's avoid shoujo, that's not my style at all!,^^

novenary

Also notice how aeTIos and I are watching the same shows. :P