Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Funny/awesome Youtube videos

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 30, 2015, 04:44:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm we might need to make sure the topic won't get too spammy, though. Those can be fun for a bit but we should keep it to two or three such videos at a time so the topic remains interesting to a wider audience. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

aetios

ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

Yes but so high pitched  <_<.
PS i c what u r tryn 2 do there  :ninja:

Dream of Omnimaga

I posted this on Omni before, but in case people here missed it, back in 1985, we had a TV show over here where they taught computer programming:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSkiO-zltIY

That was before I was born. I wish that this aired in the 90's and that we would have gotten more money at home back then to buy something I can program on.

I still remember going through the Consumer's Distributing catalog and hoping I would get certain things for Christmas. Had I gotten one of the graphing calcs in the catalog (yes, aside from toys, video games and other electronics, I was really checking the calc section, particularly the graphing ones as kid), who knows what I could have done. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

while we're on the subject of old computers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF7EpEnglgk
i'm normally not a fan of these kinds of video's but this one seemed interesting.

i personally would love to have such a thing.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow, that computer looks even older than anything else I saw IRL. I bet even myself wouldn't be able to use it. I am sure I could quickly learn how to load programs from tapes, though. What I want one day is an Amiga. A commodore 64 would be nice too, but for some reasons I always was fascinated by Amiga games and trackers.

Btw one funny video like the one above was the audiocassette walkman one. I will post the URL later. It's incredible how today's technology make younger people unable to use old one. With the NES the same thing happens in the video. That said, I bet they picked the most retro-technology-illiterate kids around to make those vids, though, because most kids and younger people I know could get a NES game inserted properly on first try and most knew that they had to blow in the cartridge (or preferably clean it with alcohol) if it didn't run.

Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what? O.O

Even with autotune he couldn't get the vocals on key with the song.

EDIT: Wow I didn't know there was a pirate NES version of Zelda Link to the Past. It seems as bad as almost every other pirate games. (although not as much as Chrono Trigger NES pirate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tctv207pNqo

Yuki

@Cumred_Snektron I dont even *looks at the comments* ...can I lose faith in humanity?

@DJ Omnimaga, not that bad for a NES port.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IXQ6f6eMxQ

Do not watch this.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

It would be better if they actually used NES rendition of the music, even if it means just using Zelda 1 and 2 music. Plus maybe they should have used Zelda 1 engine instead.

Also lol at your vid.

Snektron

Quote from: Juju on February 20, 2015, 06:03:22 AM
@Cumred_Snektron I dont even *looks at the comments* ...can I lose faith in humanity?
I think it might be sarcasm

Dream of Omnimaga

Most likely. Normally ppl are quick to criticize such music there, but since this song almost seems like a parody of Bieber and early Rebecca Black stuff,  they are probably joking.

Dream of Omnimaga

Here is what ice hockey would be like if Asterix magic potion was used by players:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjD50pzooAw

The physics and AI in this game are glitched to the point of hilarity. (although it's still a bit fun in 2 player mode... until you tried NHL 94, that is )

00:38 in the video is pretty much the Montreal Canadiens, in a nutshell :trollface: (I was the Philadelphia Flyers in orange)

Yuki

Welp, they would get insane cerebral commotions.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here