Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What series do you watch?

Started by Snektron, January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

How It's Made and MythBusters are about the only things I follow now.

Commercial TV is mostly too unpleasant for me to deal with nowadays, and having to use a cable box/DVR programmed by "developers" who couldn't write a Hello World program in BASIC correctly, even more so.

If I want to watch something, I usually just browse YouTube or something. Or wait until bedtime and see what kind of awesome dreams my mind comes up with; they're always good. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-81, TI-82, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89, TI-89 Titanium, 2 × HP 50g

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I just watch Discovery for these two shows. The most of time I get away with Top Gear (the GB version, because I love british humour and the presentators) on RMC Decouverte/Nat Geo(?) or Face Off on Numero 31 (one of the new frnach national channels. Something almost never watched around there...)
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Travis on February 09, 2015, 09:37:35 AM
How It's Made and MythBusters are about the only things I follow now.

Commercial TV is mostly too unpleasant for me to deal with nowadays, and having to use a cable box/DVR programmed by "developers" who couldn't write a Hello World program in BASIC correctly, even more so.

If I want to watch something, I usually just browse YouTube or something. Or wait until bedtime and see what kind of awesome dreams my mind comes up with; they're always good. :P
Yeah the main issue over here is that nowadays it's about 20 minutes of TV shows and 10 of commercials, if not 15. Plus a lot of new TV shows are low quality and often just dubs of other crappy American shows because they lack the budget to make Quebec-based shows anymore.

Also it's possible that in a few years they will terminate over-the-air TV (which is what I have) and force everyone to spend $35 per month on basic cable TV. I don't want to spend $35 a month just to watch TV one hour per month right now. If I want a TV show that only airs on cable TV I'll just buy the DVDs when they go on sale, and in my case, the only TV show DVD package I bought in the last 5 years or so was The Mysterious Cities of Gold Season 2.
Quote from: Eiyeron on February 09, 2015, 05:26:27 PM
I just watch Discovery for these two shows. The most of time I get away with Top Gear (the GB version, because I love british humour and the presentators) on RMC Decouverte/Nat Geo(?) or Face Off on Numero 31 (one of the new frnach national channels. Something almost never watched around there...)
Is Top Gear related to the car racing game for the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

I don't know, there is 20 seasons and the oldest of the presentator trio could have played on the magnavox while having a job... I suppose no.

Dream of Omnimaga

Although if there are 20 seasons, then that pretty much puts the series original season year on-par with Top Gear SNES release. The racing game came out in 1992 and there were two other SNES games afterward, as well as two or three Nintendo 64 games. Maybe the origins were related? After all, it seems to be about cars, according to wikipedia. :P

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHatg2MXAKE
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Not related, the SNES game is a port of Lotus turbo Challenge 2.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait it is? O.O Could this be why there is a Top Gear 2 for the Sega Mega Drive, but no Top Gear 1? Also IIRC the Mega Drive version of Top Gear 2 is much lower quality than the SNES one since there is no sound effect and graphics aren't as good. It almost seemed like a pirate game at times. >.<

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Heh, the Megadrive hadn't as much good games as the SNES. I have the feeling that a lot of them are quite rushed through dev'ment for them. That and their lower-than-average FM musics...

Dream of Omnimaga

Erm, it had several many good games actually. I don't know for Europe but at least in USA/Canada there were many. IIRC the console over here outsold the SNES in its early years. A lot of Sega Genesis games have better sounding audio because they made most of the use of the soundchip and sometimes graphics looked more colorful. On the other hand, there were some jobs that got horribly done like Top Gear 2 and arguably the music in Battletoads Double Dragon. It really depended of the game. However, as an RPG fan I much prefered the SNES over the Genesis because there was much more choice.

Adriweb

Quite a list that I've copy/pasted from http://episodecalendar.com and http://simkl.com (I use the latter now)

Watched:
Aperture R&D
Ascension
Battlestar Galactica (2003)
Band of Brothers
Black Mirror
Bonnie & Clyde
Breaking Bad
Chuck
Community
Da Vinci's Demons
Dexter
Extant
Fargo
Fringe
Game of Thrones
Halt and Catch Fire
Heroes
House
House of Cards (US)
How I Met Your Mother
Life on Mars
Lost
Luther
Malcolm in the Middle
Mozart in the Jungle
Real Humans
Sherlock
Spartacus
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Universe
The Angry Video Game Nerd
The Flash (2014)
The Tomorrow People (US)
True Blood
Under the Dome
Video Game High School
White Collar

Watching:
12 Monkeys
Arrow
Believe
Cosmos: A Spacetime Odyssey
Forever
Gotham
Modern Family
Suits
The Big Bang Theory
The 100
The Blacklist
The Flash
The Walking Dead
Vikings

Temporarily stopped watching, will continue sometime later:
Arrested Development
Bates Motel
Caprica
Continuum
Doctor Who (2005)
Dollhouse
Falling Skies
Firefly
FlashForward
Helix
Intelligence (2014)
Masters of Sex
Reign (2013)
Revolution
The Office
The Wrong Mans
True Detective

Will watch sometime later (no ETA):
Almost Human
Better Call Saul
Defiance
Hannibal
Homeland
Heroes Reborn
Rome
Utopia

Abandoned:
Californication
Faking It (2014)
Lie to me
Numb3rs
Orange Is the New Black
Prison Break
Supernatural
The Mentalist
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

Snektron

Whoa that's quite the list! I'm curiously why you abandonned Supernatural though ;P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Adriweb

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 12, 2015, 09:27:00 AM
Whoa that's quite the list!
Well, it took several years, although the most popular ones I did/do follow them as they get released :P

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on February 12, 2015, 09:27:00 AM
I'm curiously why you abandonned Supernatural though ;P
I got immensely bored through the 1st to 3rd episode, so....
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

DarkestEx

So my favorite series that I unfrequently watch are:
- The Simpsons (sometimes on TV)
- Star Trek: Voyager (via Amazon Prime Instant Video; and my brother has all episodes on DVDs)
- The Ben Heck Show (Webshow; YouTube)
- Ashens (Webshow; YouTube)
- Tinkernut & EEVBlog (Webshow, YouTube, very unfrequently)

I watched earlier:
- Futurama (still like it quite a lot; but it is no longer on german TV and I don't want to watch illegal streams)
- South Park (I was (and still am inactive) admin of the german South Park wiki; although it sucks)
- SpongeBob (some years ago; with 7 or 8 years)
- Fairily Odd Parents (with 8 or 9 years)
- Some german YouTube channels (german youtube channels really do suck)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

alexgt

I watched Video Game Highshool and the Beyblade tv show

Now I don't watch TV :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX