Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

What series do you watch?

Started by Snektron, January 25, 2015, 05:01:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

So what series do you watch / have you watched / are you going to watch?

Watched:
- Game of Thrones
- Supernatural
- The Walking Dead
- Falling Skies
- Legend of Aang & Legend of Korra
- Rick & Morty
- occasionally some Breaking Bad, but i'm not a great fan

Watching:
- Not really anything

Going to watch:
- Also not really anything, Vikings maybe.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't watch TV anymore, but back then I often watched The X-Files. I heard that they're rebooting it, right?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

I no longer watch TV either, but there's a few shows I enjoy watching, mainly cartoons and anime, but also the one man and stand-up comic shows they sometimes air on TV. I used to have a ton of channels with this numeric receptor or something like that, but turns out we're alright with those 3 free over-the-air channels we get from the antenna.

If you want a list, I'd say the shows I enjoy watching are My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Dans une galaxie près de chez vous, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Adventure Time, Regular Show, some other stuff along these lines, and I should probably look at Gravity Falls, Star vs. The Forces of Evil and catch up on Doctor Who. And for anime, I just finished watching Nijichou, it's pretty funny. The random kind of funny. I should probably find something else to watch now.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way on which channel does Adventure Time air? I don't have cable because I don't want to spend $30 a month just to watch 30 minutes of TV every 3 month but I am curious if it's on VRAK or Teletoon. I only have 5 over the air channels right now (unless some became cable-only recently) and they were TVA, V, Radio-Canada, Global and T-Qc. I might actually have two TVA channels, but I'm unsure.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

It's on Teletoon. Vrak became more and more uninteresting over the years. Maybe because I grew up and became an adult now, but I guess that might only be part of the answer. Or not at all. They still have SpongeBob SquarePants, though, last time I checked.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Well when Astral bought Canal Famille they pretty much ran it into the ground by replacing every classic made in Quebec with reruns and American stuff, to the point where some months they would only play 1 style of TV show, such as horror, then comedy, etc. One day, the channel suddenly got replaced with VRAK.tv and people miss Canal Famille. Even back then VRAK was sub-par compared to Canal Famille. However, at least VRAK.tv isn't a paid channel like Teletoon.

V, back when it was called TQS, also had interesting TV shows, but most cartoon-based ones were re-runs that looped for decades.

Yuki

Vrak TV is now aimed for those teens who like One Direction and stuff. It's kind of weird and totally diverged from Canal Famille and to a lesser extent the first years of Vrak. They had programming for pre-school kids once but I think they stopped. They also aired reruns of Dans une Galaxie and Radio Enfer for the longest time, I think they also recently stopped and it's now aired on Prise 2. And I think it's paid now, at least on satellite/numerical TV.

TVA airs Road Runner and Bugs Bunny (the recent ones), and I think it's pretty much the only cartoons they air.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Wait what?? Did they sink that low? Back then it was for kids and the shows for older people were family-oriented. It reminds me back when Pokémon was aired at TQS and every commercial break had Baby Spice (former band that was like Spice Girls/Britney Spears but more annoying) DVD/VHS ads like if they wanted to convert every kid to crappy pop music and hypersexualisation. >.<

Also I didn't know they still made new Bugs Bunny cartoons. I thought they stopped in the early 70's or so. Also TVA used to air Sailor Moon during morning and Beetlejuice cartoons in the mid 90's.

Yuki

Yeah, been a while I watched Vrak but I think it's pretty much the lowest they can sink.

And yeah, they made a new Looney Tunes show back in 2011 in glorious High Definition called, well, The Looney Tunes Show and it was pretty good. It's more a sitcom taking place in a modern setting than the funny stuff of the early 70's, but still it's pretty good. And funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoXLPpMbx4
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Snektron

@Juju don't forget to watch rick and morty, it's awesome :D

Yuki

Yeah I heard about it, looks pretty cool.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on January 30, 2015, 07:49:55 AM
Yeah, been a while I watched Vrak but I think it's pretty much the lowest they can sink.

And yeah, they made a new Looney Tunes show back in 2011 in glorious High Definition called, well, The Looney Tunes Show and it was pretty good. It's more a sitcom taking place in a modern setting than the funny stuff of the early 70's, but still it's pretty good. And funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxoXLPpMbx4
Earlier I watched Roadrunner cartoons from 2010. They were quite funny, but the 2000 ones were crap IMHO. The 2011 ones seemed to not be too bad.

Thecoder1998

Atm i'm watching:

Anime:
Kill la Kill (almost done)
Aldnoah.zero season 2

Cartoons:
Adventure time (i'm at season 3 atm)
Steven universe
Gravity falls (still waiting for new episodes q.q)

Other Series:
The Blacklist (great series)

aetios

http://anilist.co/animelist/aeTIos

This gives a semi-accurate overview of stuff I watch/have watched.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Snektron

I just started watching Vikings and i gotta say i love it :D