Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Unofficial Codewalrus Contest #1

Started by _iPhoenix_, July 20, 2017, 06:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_iPhoenix_

(Well, Juju told me I could do this, so I guess it is semi-unofficial)

This contest's topic is weather. To be eligible for a prize, you must make a program or create an IRL creation that involves weather, and topic showing your progress, with the "[UCC1]" tag in the title
The contest will last 4 weeks, and end on the 17th of August 9th of September at 11:59:59 EDT. No late entries will be accepted.

If you choose to make an IRL creation, you must create a video describing your project and its features.

If you choose to make a program, for any platform/language, you cannot release source until after the contest

*keep your entry SFW*

All entries are to be submitted to in a PM to me, @_iPhoenix_

You will be judged on these criteria, although your entry can be penalized at the discretion of the judges, to some extent:
- overall project detail and completeness, including functionality and design.
- interation with other users, including the reception and distribution of feedback.
- overall ingenuity.
- number of walruses involved (just kidding, this will not affect your score)
Contest judges (i.e. me, but you can request to be one if you have over 100 posts, just ask in this thread. Only 2 more judges will be accepted.) are not allowed to participate, and cannot win prizes.

As for prizes, printable walrus "diplomas" will be issued to the top three winners, signed by the contest judges under their usernames. (If you are accepted as a judge, PM me a pic of your signature, signing as your username)

legal crud
Neither myself; the contest judges; the CodeWalrus site, admins and users; or contest participants are liable for any damage or legal c you come up with
The opinions expressed by the judges in the choosing of a winner may not represent the entire views of the CodeWalrus community or admins.
All decisions are final.
[close]

Have fun!

If you have any questions about this do not be afraid to ask in this thread!
  • Calculators owned: Two TI-84+ CE's
Please spam here: https://legend-of-iphoenix.github.io/spam/

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me
Evolution of my avatar:

kotu

Ahahahahaha

I have an idea for a game which (if I make it) will feature weather, although in a pretty contrived sense. It will give the game more fun though.

Not gonna say anything else for now or make a thread, going to keep it secret until I have a first demo up and running.

Won't be a calculator game by the way, gonna be for PC.
  • Calculators owned: TI 84+CE-T
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3
SUBSCRIBE TO THE FUTURERAVE.UK MAILING LIST
http://futurerave.uk

Dream of Omnimaga

Has anyone entered this contest so far? I assume Kotu did, but I was wondering how many people did
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

• Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: Juju on July 27, 2017, 04:20:17 AM
@kotu did, I did, and that's it I think.
Yes. It is open to anyone!

I will probably either extend the contest, or host another one around September, when everyone is forcibly exposed to their calcs.

Evolution of my avatar:

gameblabla

Too bad, i hate themes and i like to make NSFW games so no dice :(
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

_iPhoenix_

Evolution of my avatar:

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

TheLastMillennial

Oh, I just found this, I think I'm a little late to enter. I'm totally entering in Contest 2 though! ;)
  • Calculators owned: HP Prime G2, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-34, Boring Sharp calculator

Thank you for your time, go make a paradox, have a good day.

_iPhoenix_

Quote from: TheLastMillennial on August 15, 2017, 09:01:47 PM
Oh, I just found this, I think I'm a little late to enter. I'm totally entering in Contest 2 though! ;)

I'm extending it by a week cuz school (for me) starts on the thirtieth :/

Evolution of my avatar:

kotu

@Juju are you going to create a video about your thing becos I don't know if I can be bothered to do nay more work
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Sega Master System, Sony PlayStation 3

gameblabla

Quote from: _iPhoenix_ on August 16, 2017, 01:36:51 AM
Quote from: TheLastMillennial on August 15, 2017, 09:01:47 PM

I'm extending it by a week cuz school (for me) starts on the thirtieth :/
Could you also please, please remove the sfw clause ? Thanks :D
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

kotu

DO NOT DO THAT HE IS not GAY