Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Rogue One

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, December 30, 2016, 08:19:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Anyone saw Rogue One? What were your impressions about it?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Hayleia

I clicked because I live dangerously, but could people post spoilers in spoiler tags, so that people who didn't see the movie can read people's opinion without necessarily be spoilered? Seems like an obvious rule but we never know :P

Unicorn

WARNING: MASSIVE SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

obi-wan dies. and he becomes a ghost thing. and then disney took over and who knows what happens next. /me shrugs

i havent watched it yet so idk.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Sorunome

IMO it's the best star wars movie to doate.
So if you haven't watched it yet, go and do it!
  • Calculators owned: Too many (why are you even reading this?)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Gamebuino!
This is a signature.
And now......give me an internet!

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

novenary

Quote from: Sorunome on December 30, 2016, 11:05:37 AM
IMO it's the best star wars movie to doate.
So if you haven't watched it yet, go and do it!
Pretty much this. It was amazing. Episode VII was a joke; c you, Disney.

tr1p1ea

tfa isn't even a proper Star Wars movie next to Rogue One.

Sure it's not perfect, but it fills some massive gaps and has some awesome scenes in it.

Overall I thought it was quite good, like OT good.

aetios

I'll likely go watch it quite soon but idk yet. I've heard good things about it though.
ceci n'est pas une signature

Dream of Omnimaga

I don't get why people hate VII so much. It's like if it was as bad as Megashark vs Giant Octopus or Battlefield Earth when some people talk about it. I mean, sure it feels like a rehashing of previous movies with nothing new, but it's still fun to watch as a Star Wars movie. It feels like those remakes of other movies, except that unlike most remakes, it doesn't suck. I definitively like Episode VII much better than Episode I. The only thing that was fun in Episode 1 was the pod race.

But yeah, Rogue One is much, much better, IMHO, in terms of the amount of new material and originality.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

aetios

I saw Rogue One earlier this week and it was a great movie, I especially liked the ending :)

Sorunome

Quote from: aeTIos on January 27, 2017, 09:28:55 AM
I saw Rogue One earlier this week and it was a great movie, I especially liked the ending :)
THIS IS A MASSIVE MOVIE SPOILER DO NOT READ

So you like to see everybody die? :P
[close]

edit by p2: added spoiler warning
This is a signature.

To be or not to be.........is that even a question? Who gets to decide this anyways?

p2

aaaand I was massiveley spoilered...  :P
soru pls mark ur terrible movie spoilers as such! >.<
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Sorunome

Quote from: p2 on January 27, 2017, 10:43:22 AM
aaaand I was massiveley spoilered...  :P
soru pls mark ur terrible movie spoilers as such! >.<
I'm sooo sorry i thought a [spoiler=the movie] [/spoiler] was enough D:

* Sorunome gives you an apology-cookie
This is a signature.

aetios

Hey, that was marked properly. Don't click spoilers in a movie discussion thread!

@Sorunome :
this will spoil you

I'm glad they didn't go for the happy ending. Of course I was sad that Jyn died, she was a great character throughout the movie. Keeping her alive would have made little sense, and would have taken away from the pressing atmosphere the film creates. I really liked the comic relief provided by K2SO, may he rest in peace :(

What really satisfied me about the ending though is the tie-in with A New Hope. The deja-vu is strong and is a great nod to the main series. The Leia cameo was spoiled to me (blame the internet) but still unexpected. And of course the music during the ending credits was amazing as expected.

Overall I found it a great movie with much less plotholes than episode VII, with strong tie-ins to give us a very clear idea of the timeframe it plays in (it's like, a week before A New Hope at most). I hope we'll get more stuff like this, it was very refreshing.
[close]

novenary

I feel pretty much the same about it.
Spoiler
k2so best girl
[close]

Dream of Omnimaga

ending
I wonder if the movie is really as much of a spinoff as they claim to be? Due to how it ends where IV begins, I almost feel that instead of the Machete order, we're better off going with 3.5->4->5->2->3->6->7, or if we watch them in story order, we put 3.5 between 3 and 4. But again, I could be wrong, because I never watched Episode III (yet).
[close]