Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

The MLP Fan Remake Project

Started by Yuki, October 25, 2016, 05:16:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Inspired by similar projects involving Sailor Moon, Star Wars, Dragon Ball and Yu-Gi-Oh, here's a new project of mine, quite ambitious this time: reanimating the first episode of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, with the styles of many, many fan animators.

Announcement video here. (As seen on Equestria Daily!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNqq-Lx5PSY

As I write this, we have 40 animators already working on it, this is going to be great.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gameblabla

This is wizardry.
How is it possible to get 40 people online to work for you for free ?
You must really enjoy having 40 slaves
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: gameblabla on October 25, 2016, 07:57:07 AM
This is wizardry.
How is it possible to get 40 people online to work for you for free ?
You must really enjoy having 40 slaves
To be fair, at least they are not under a NDA, nor actually treated like slaves (even if not being paid), unlike those who work for a certain other MLP artist that shall not be named. <_<

Anyway I'm amazed at the support you got and how it progresses. I hope it comes to fruition (while at the same time not hampering your school grades <_<) :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

p2

Juju...? Please dont tell me that's how your voice sounds like...  O.O

BUt besides the voice it looks really interesting to try such a thing. But I suppose it'll take lots of time xD
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

Yuki

Haha of course it's not my voice. Got someone else to do that part and he definitely nailed it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note, how long do you plan the animation to be? Is it meant to be a full episode, movie or more a short animation like some Youtube ones?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

If everything goes right, 44 minutes, the full length of the first two episodes.

On another side note, again if everything goes right and we're done around that date, we might premiere it in Québec City and San Francisco in April 2017.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Aaah nice. That seems pretty ambitious for sure. Have some plans for after the school semester and holidays end, since people will most likely be busy and hard to reach during exams and Christmas. It would definitively be nice if it premiered in Quebec City and San Francisco :)

Yuki

Livestream as part of HAHCon 2017: we're going to talk about it a bit at 10PM EST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DWrqYPby-s
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Have you made any progress on this since the last post, by the way?

Yuki

Progress is getting pretty steady, I'll show it in the stream.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

That's good. I was  a little worried since there weren't updates in a while. Will the stream be available for watching later if we miss it?

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

I didn't have time to check the entire video, but at some point the art seemed kinda different from MLP O.O (black outlines)