Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Youtube ad-friendly content policies resulting into censorship?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, September 05, 2016, 03:00:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

QuoteGameblabla it's actually even worse than that: If your channel of 1000 videos and you dare uploading just 1 controversial video, then your entire channel gets demonetized, not just that video
I didn't know that, thanks. It does not give them a chance lol... They're trapped.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 08, 2016, 06:12:12 PM
Also wow they really disallow talk about suicide?
Absolutely, it falls under "sensitive subjects" and i saw one girl who got her videos tackled by yootoobe because of one video on suicide.

I thought about this for a while but what if... this was a strategy by Youtube to force youtubers to switch to Youtube Red ?
I mean, imagine having to pay 2$ for watching a video about suicide... But wait, that's not far off !
There are Youtube Red exclusive videos on pewdiepie channel !

*cries* I don't know what to say.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh darn, I forgot about Youtube Red. They better not force me to pay to watch AVGN say the F word. Oh well, I need to check out Minds anyway. Can it import directly from YT? Vimeo had this feature but it often doesn't work.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

c4ooo

Quote from: gameblabla on September 08, 2016, 06:53:54 PM
QuoteGameblabla it's actually even worse than that: If your channel of 1000 videos and you dare uploading just 1 controversial video, then your entire channel gets demonetized, not just that video
I didn't know that, thanks. It does not give them a chance lol... They're trapped.

Also wow they really disallow talk about suicide?
Absolutely, it falls under "sensitive subjects" and i saw one girl who got her videos tackled by yootoobe because of one video on suicide.

I thought about this for a while but what if... this was a strategy by Youtube to force youtubers to switch to Youtube Red ?
I mean, imagine having to pay 2$ for watching a video about suicide... But wait, that's not far off !
There are Youtube Red exclusive videos on pewdiepie channel !

*cries* I don't know what to say.
Hmm? I thought youtube red was a pron site that parodied youtube? Or a mi confusing it with something...

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 08, 2016, 07:36:01 PM
Oh well, I need to check out Minds anyway. Can it import directly from YT? Vimeo had this feature but it often doesn't work.
Sadly, no. I know you have thousands of videos so that might be tricky...
Pay a poor indian to do it for you ? lol

Dream of Omnimaga

DarkestEx

Gameblabla it's actually even worse than that: If your channel of 1000 videos and you dare uploading just 1 controversial video, then your entire channel gets demonetized, not just that video. You go from $100 ad revenues a week to $0 overnight. Also wow they really disallow talk about suicide? Not that I recommend anybody to do it but I mean, what if some doctor wants to talk about depression in a video to explain the causes and possible consequences?
Yes exactly these kinds of videos are meant. Why would somebody who commits suicide monetize their videos in the first place.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+, Casio 101-S, RPN-Calc, Hewlett-Packard 100LX, Hewlett-Packard 95LX
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Original Commodore 64C, C64 DTV, Nintendo GameBoy Color, Nintendo GameCube, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2

p2

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 09, 2016, 08:48:40 PM
Gameblabla it's actually even worse than that: If your channel of 1000 videos and you dare uploading just 1 controversial video, then your entire channel gets demonetized, not just that video. You go from $100 ad revenues a week to $0 overnight. Also wow they really disallow talk about suicide? Not that I recommend anybody to do it but I mean, what if some doctor wants to talk about depression in a video to explain the causes and possible consequences?
Yes exactly these kinds of videos are meant. Why would somebody who commits suicide monetize their videos in the first place.
If you commit suicide over financial problems and you know your family will have to pay for your debts...?
Isn't it the same strange concept when people accept to offer their bodies to science/medicine after their death and get a fw thousand dollars for it...? ^^
  • Calculators owned: ti-83+, ti-84+, ti-84+, ti-84+se, ti-84+se(te), ti-nsphire, ti-nsphire CAS, ti-nsphire CX-CAS, ti-voyage, ti-voyage, Who reads this list anyways...?
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)
if you cant get a jframe set up, draw stuff to it, and receive input, i can only imagine how horrible your game code is _._   ~ c4ooo (14.11.2016 22:44:07)
If they pull a Harambe on me tell my family I love them ~ u/Pwntear37d (AssangeWatch /r/)
make Walrii great again ~ DJ Omnimaga (28.11.2016 23:01:31)
God invented the pc, satan the smartphone I guess ~ p4nix (16.02.2017 22:51:49)

gameblabla

Quote from: DarkestEx on September 09, 2016, 08:48:40 PM
*sigh*
What i meant is that it takes only one video from a youtuber to talk about suicide to get all of her videos demonitised,
thus preventing big-name youtubers to talk about it.
It's very important to talk about it or else this will only lead to people actually commiting suicide.

But i guess my hands are tied, people care more about morality and escape from reality.
That's actually what Youtube seems to be doing

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I don't think an entire channel should lose monetizing rights just because of 1 controversial vid that doesn't break their rules. I could understand if the user got multiple copyright strikes or broke the rules all the time, but otherwise...

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on September 10, 2016, 12:07:24 AM
Yeah I don't think an entire channel should lose monetizing rights just because of 1 controversial vid that doesn't break their rules. I could understand if the user got multiple copyright strikes or broke the rules all the time, but otherwise...
I don't think that's how it works :/ As far as i am aware, monetization is removed on a per-video, not per-channal basis ;)

Dream of Omnimaga

I thought some people lost their entire rights due to content in some vids, though? I know for copyright strikes the entire account is suspended and all videos taken offline of you get three or something