Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ponies

Started by Yuki, November 14, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

This is not directly related to the cartoon, but to avoid cluttering the forums with full of MLP topics I thought I would repost this nice eurodance/italodance song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UL5WzF5seQ

The video says it's italo-disco but it's not really the case unless you include eurobeat in the genre, since the song has a bit of eurobeat elements too (italo is more like You Spin me Round and Colder than Ice)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Wow this one is really awesome. :D

Also this one is great :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=649q1RB4li4

Yuki

Eurobeat Brony and Delta Brony (KingSparta38) are both pretty good at eurobeat remixes of MLP songs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

@Street I like that one. It seems to have a bit of dubstep and italo disco influence, btw.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

unknownloner

On the subject of a CSE visual novel... I can write ASM code if others can provide artistic talent (and story writing talent if it's an original story). As far as vectors go, I'm at least able to do lines, bezier curves, circles, and rectangles (you know, the basics), as well as filling in arbitrary triangles (and by extension, any polygon constructed of triangles) which I guess could be useful for filling in large chunks of color quickly? Graphics code is sort of what I love writing most :).

edit:
Going to second RR being good.

Double edit:
I swear if Kerm finds me posting on this thread he'll kill me, and it'll be hillarious.

Triple edit (do I get a killstreak now?):
For those not aware, https://www.humblebundle.com/books is MLP comics for the next 7 and a half days after this post.

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

That would be cool. Would it be like some modified version of Steins;Gate 8-bit or would you write your own from scratch? What would be cool would be if it used 160x120 but had some animated cutscenes. They would need to be mega-simple, though.

Also why would Kerm not like if you posted in this thread? Is it because he doesn't like ponies or is it because it's not on Cemetech? O.O

unknownloner

Probably my own because I don't have the source for Steins;Gate 8 bit, and anyway it'd probably be easier for me to rewrite things my way even if I did. Definitely would want to be able to use a different color palette at the very least. (preferably full 16 bit color)
I think some sort of animation is possible as long as it's not the whole screen changing or not something that needs extremely quick animation to work. It wouldn't be that big of a deal to switch between half-res and full-res as needed either

In response to your second question, mostly because of the ponies. :P

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. You could probably ask Calc84 though, but yeah it's sometimes easier to write your own code than trying to understand someone else's. And yeah for fast CSE graphics you must only update a small portion of the screen (the reason why it's possible in pure BASIC to scroll a massive rectangle around at very decent speed).

And I see. But again on Omnimaga IRC channel it's against the rules to talk about ponies and 4chan, although it's perfectly fine to talk about Teletubbies and controversial debates such as evolution/religion. So Cemetech isn't alone to have people who hate MLP or find it too weird to be publicly discussed. :P

unknownloner

Indeed, you can get quite fast and smooth animations if you know what you're doing
For example this thing I made a month or so ago, which isn't even using an optimized display routine
http://gfycat.com/ShimmeringScholarlyGreendarnerdragonfly

/)

Dream of Omnimaga

That looks quite fast actually. :D

novenary

Hmm yeah lol it looks really fast. :D

Dream of Omnimaga

On a side note you could try to do some sort of Rainbow Dash attack clone using that sprite. I know there are ones on the PRIZM and 84+ but the CSE could use one too. I am also curious about how fast the CSE can be pushed with horizontal screen shifting with sprites because so far we only saw it with lines in Tunnel and using xLIBC with Flappy Bird and the other Tunnel.

novenary

So with aeTIos we somehow brought up watching mlp in japanese subbed, and it's epic. :D So we might end up watching s5 in subbed japanese. :P
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyotat_tomodachi-wa-mahou-s1e1-sub_fun
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTB0GRVi7aM

Also the italian op is pretty good :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dchiYx5Hzo

unknownloner

If I remember right the Japanese intro is like 100% Japanese anime intro style, complete with a length of 1:30. Feels really weird to me, haha. IIRC the Japanese version of This Day Aria was pretty good, I don't know if that was official or a fan made thing though

/)

novenary

Yeah the japanese op is totally anime style, and they change it each season. :D