Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Ponies

Started by Yuki, November 14, 2014, 07:06:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

And yeah every season follows each other, kind of, due to statu quo-changing stories (Twilight getting her wings, then her own castle).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

novenary

So I was going through my Firefox tabs to find stuff to post in the NSFW telegram group and found pics from this : http://www.zap-apple.com/

Sounds so epic I wanna play it.

Also I'm totally back into MLP. :D

Yuki

Yeah I played Starswirl Academy since when it came out and the characters still had their original names from the show, it's pretty awesome :P
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

aetios

Played Starswirl Academy a bit today, it's pretty cool :D
ceci n'est pas une signature

novenary

I checked out the beginning on my phone but there's an annoying graphical glitch every time the characters or background change (doesn't make the game unplayable at all but it's distracting).

Yuki

I can't play it on mine, it crashes right after the loading screen ._.

Also gonna see Rainbow Rocks again tonight with a few friends, it gonna rock. And that's why I'm not gonna be on a lot tonight. ._.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

novenary

Oh that sucks. I might wind up playing the PC version though because of this bug.

And have fun with RR. I'm looking forward to it and season 5 too. I hope they meet my quality standards lol, because they raised a lot since I've started watching anime. :P

Dream of Omnimaga

Is it a visual novel game? From the pics it looks like it but I wasn't sure.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Yes it's a VN and it looks really nice. :)

aetios

The mobile version sucks battery power though. Can't really say it's super energy efficient. :|
ceci n'est pas une signature

Yuki

RR is pretty good, you guys should watch it if you didn't yet.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: aeTIos on November 22, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
The mobile version sucks battery power though. Can't really say it's super energy efficient. :|
Maybe it was coded by TI? :trollface:

Joking aside, I wonder if someone could make some sort of TI-84+CSE xLIBC visual novel or a TI-Nspire one about MLP...
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

novenary

Quote from: aeTIos on November 22, 2014, 11:10:06 PM
* Streetwalrus now has a portable battery for >6x battery life. :trollface:

And yes that would definitely be awesome. I wonder if calc84maniac's Steins;Gate 8bit is open source (though we could probably ask him) so that we can reuse the engine for other VNs.

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah it would rule. It would be hard if there's no vector graphics available, though, because you would need to draw everything yourself then import the vector data. You could always use regular bitmaps but it would be very huge. >.<

novenary

Not necessarily. You can also use low res paletted bitmaps and then it would be small enough. I guess. The problem is that even if there's already vector gfx I think calc84's renderer uses a special format plus they would be too detailed.