Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[Story] Unlocked

Started by ordelore, March 30, 2016, 03:00:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ordelore

Link to the html hosted version that is updated occasionally
So, I'm writing a story, and I'm looking for feedback. Anything constructive/grammar/spelling is welcome.
I have no set release date for updating chapters, only that they will be done when I have time, which is very rare and rationed heavily.
Link to the 'Nightly Build' State Here
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+SE, TI_Nspire CX
Calc Wars is still alive (I hope)

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I actually like it. I wasn't too sure at first due to the topic being mainstream at first, but as it progressed, I got hooked and I am curious about what will happen next. I actually like the in-school revolution story.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Is that about Jesus? Well, it's pretty nice so far.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

ordelore

Quote from: Juju on March 30, 2016, 05:03:39 PM
Is that about Jesus? Well, it's pretty nice so far.
Correct, the original plan was to re-tell the story of Jesus in a modern setting.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on March 30, 2016, 04:04:28 PM
I actually like the in-school revolution story.
It's actually a theme that pops up multiple times in the mini-stories that I write.

Dream of Omnimaga

For some reasons I didn't realize it was actually about Jesus. O.O I mean, I noticed some similarities, especially near the end, but I thought the intention was to tell the intro to an upcoming social uprising.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John kind of gave it away xD
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Araidia

Quote from: Juju on March 31, 2016, 05:36:04 PM
Same here. I think it would be better if it  was less conspicuous, so that people would eventually find out by reading instead of just knowing right off the bat.
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on March 31, 2016, 05:36:04 PM
Not for me, because the names are not in French. :P

Also I downvoted Juju post by accident when trying to click Quote >.<

Dudeman313

I like it! Your modern remix sounds intriguing.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

ordelore

Kinda working on it now, and changed the names so that they are kinda harder to figure out the
Spoiler
Jesus-ness quality of the story
[close]

ordelore

Bump, I have 3 chapters done now, and I ended up writing much deeper themes than I expected

Dudeman313

Deep themes are good themes. The deeper the themes, the more a reader will want to see more.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I just read the new chapter. Nice work so far. :)

ordelore

Chapter 4 done, but I'm probably going to extend the ending.

ordelore

Chapter 5 kinda done
I think that I'm just going to get all the stories I want written down, and then elaborate later.