Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Superbowl 50

Started by Araidia, February 07, 2016, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 08, 2016, 07:23:49 AM
My main gripe about football is that each play only lasts a few seconds before stoppage. In hockey, at least a play can last over a minute. Baseball has the same issue as football, although for some reasons I am more into it than football. Then there is soccer, where time continues while the game is stopped, which sucks if they stop for too long. But baseball and football can both have some nice action.

Also in hockey one bad part is that if one team leads by 3 points in the 3rd period, then that team is almost guaranteed to win unless it's the Quebec Remparts or Winnipeg Jets (they tend to blow leads quite often). In soccer it's even worse because there are fewer shots on goal. I don't know about football, but in baseball a 8-2 game can quickly turn into a 8-10 game.

I should try to go to a R&O college football game at one point with @Juju. But the issue is the stadium has zero weather protection so it sucks if you spend $30 on tickets and it rains. Plus out of the 19K capacity, 7000 places are standing room >.<
This is why people watch football:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3vcdYNwQ6k
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dudeman313

I liked the commercials...

Puppy-Monkey-Baby, Puppy-Monkey-Baby...

What happens when Puppy-Monkey-Baby becomes Dog-Monkey-Man?
"If it exists, there's a :walrii: of it." - Now that's something you don't want to imagine. :P

EDIT: It looks something like this:
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

I like it @Dudeman313, but shouldn't Walrii fanart go in the Walrii Fanart thread?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Well, yes, but this is Super Bowl related. Have you not seen this?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql7uY36-LwA
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I know. You should cross-post it in case I forget to add it to the first post in that thread, though :P

Anyway yeah I saw XD

Also did you see this (NSFW)? Some Panthers fans were quite salty about the defeat, I think O.O

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjAzdQGTY8M

This one might be fake, though, because it seems to be the same person that destroyed his kid's PS4 (so it might be staged):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_jXCciioOs
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

No, I did not; I actually didn't even watch the Superbowl. I only heard of PMB when my Social Studies teacher started playing it repeatedly in class.
The answer is "Sure."

Araidia

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 09, 2016, 04:48:16 AM
No, I did not; I actually didn't even watch the Superbowl. I only heard of PMB when my Social Studies teacher started playing it repeatedly in class.
You should've watched the halftime show though, the Beyonce/Coldplay/Bruno Mars Combo was really good.

c4ooo

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 09, 2016, 02:04:42 AM
-snip-
I dont understand why people care so much about people they dont even know _._
Its not like the outcome of the game has any meaning other then a personal one to anybody.

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Araidia

Quote from: Dudeman313 on February 11, 2016, 09:10:03 PM
snip?
"snip" is when someone quotes someone in a thread, but the quote would be to long(or big) to include in the reply post, so they would just use "snip" .

Dudeman313

Oh. But who'd he quote?
The answer is "Sure."

Araidia

Dudeman313

Oh. I'm gonna go make a FootWalrii- unless that's already a thing.
The answer is "Sure."