Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Superbowl 50

Started by Araidia, February 07, 2016, 09:07:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Araidia

So today(2/7) is the day that Superbowl 50 is happening. :w00t:
The Carolina Panthers are going against the Denver Broncos.
The commercials are going to be crazier than ever.
Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars are performing. O.O
So who's watching? Who do you guys what to win?
(Go Panthers!)
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Yuki

I'm not a fan of football at all, but I do look forward for the half-time, the ads and the memes that would result from those (that will be funny until they've been shared and exploited to death).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

100-0 Florida Panthers vs Denver Broncos.

But yeah I'm gonna try to find a way to watch the game. Gonna be fun. I think Carolina has a chance.

Also, the commercials.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 07, 2016, 10:02:34 PM
100-0 Florida Panthers vs Denver Broncos.

But yeah I'm gonna try to find a way to watch the game. Gonna be fun. I think Carolina has a chance.

Also, the commercials.
Peyton Manning seems to be too old now...
And where is that pic from?

Dream of Omnimaga

It's from Radio-Canada (French version of CBC). It was quite funny that they got the Panthers logo wrong considering that Canada is hockey country.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Araidia

Well, the Panthers lost 24-10  :'(
(I blame it on all those fumbles and penalties)

Dudeman313

We won! Go Raiders!
If you want to understand my inside joke, Google "blue raiders" and look at our logo.

For those who are too lazy to do so, the Broncos won.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Caleb Hansberry

I live in Colorado. Woot woot.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+SE, TI-84+SE, TI-85, TI-89, TI-99/4A
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: HP Portable Plus 110, Toshiba T3100, Toshiba T5200, GRiD 1660, TI-99/4A, Apple IIgs, and much more than I can list here

Dudeman313

The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Aw, it was a good game though. I slept through the first part, though, and missed the half-time >.<

Dudeman313

I just watched the score updates on Google. :P
The answer is "Sure."

Yuki

I don't have any channel that showed the game, and I missed the half-time too, oh well... All the web players I tried were c anyway, I'll just watch the interesting parts on YouTube or whatever later.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Apparently, you could watch it via an app on Xbox Live, but I was too tired to look for it. I found a way to watch it elsewhere, though.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 08, 2016, 04:34:58 AM
Aw, it was a good game though. I slept through the first part, though, and missed the half-time >.<

Haha. The halftime was pretty good, though the game was kinda boring. Not much action.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

My main gripe about football is that each play only lasts a few seconds before stoppage. In hockey, at least a play can last over a minute. Baseball has the same issue as football, although for some reasons I am more into it than football. Then there is soccer, where time continues while the game is stopped, which sucks if they stop for too long. But baseball and football can both have some nice action.

Also in hockey one bad part is that if one team leads by 3 points in the 3rd period, then that team is almost guaranteed to win unless it's the Quebec Remparts or Winnipeg Jets (they tend to blow leads quite often). In soccer it's even worse because there are fewer shots on goal. I don't know about football, but in baseball a 8-2 game can quickly turn into a 8-10 game.

I should try to go to a R&O college football game at one point with @Juju. But the issue is the stadium has zero weather protection so it sucks if you spend $30 on tickets and it rains. Plus out of the 19K capacity, 7000 places are standing room >.<