Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[CSE Hybrid Basic] Aqua Wars

Started by 123outerme, August 10, 2015, 01:13:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

123outerme

Have you ever been staring out your classroom window, wanting to go on an epic adventure on the 7 Seas? No? Yeah, me neither. I had no better ideas, so you should take what you can get.

Anyways, I'm starting a new whale of a project. Yeah, I'll go now.
Aqu-Wars is for the TI-84+CSE ONLY. It is an action adventure game with a hint of RPG in it, if that suits your fancy.

You could sail the high seas, take up either Navy, mercenary, or pirate jobs, pirate and take other ships' cargo, and upgrade your own ship in this swashbucklin' adventure!

[spoiler=Screenshots, activate!]
v0.1a (not distributed):

Sneak peek:

[/spoiler]
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CSE, TI-nspire Clickpad, TI-84+SE

Dream of Omnimaga

So that's how the game will be called like, I see? :) I like the sea-based RPG quest style and also the old school feel from your other games. I hope it comes to fruition :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 10, 2015, 02:04:27 AM
So that's how the game will be called like, I see? :) I like the sea-based RPG quest style and also the old school feel from your other games. I hope it comes to fruition :)
Thanks! I plan to have a moral system where you can choose which kind of quests you want to take; either Navy, pirate, or mercenary jobs. As you take more of a type of job, less of the jobs unlike your preferred job type. So if you choose Navy jobs a lot, pirate jobs will soon become unavailable, however mercenary jobs might still be available.The encounter system will be a lot like the Photon encounter system, which it itself was based on the Zelda II system.

Unicorn

Cool! So you do't explicity choosea class in the beginning? It is evaluated by what quests you take? If so, you could balance it so you do a little of everything :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

123outerme

Quote from: Unicorn on August 11, 2015, 01:09:43 AM
Cool! So you don't explicitly choose a class in the beginning? It is evaluated by what quests you take? If so, you could balance it so you do a little of everything :P
Yeah. So, basically if you take and complete enough pirate jobs, then you can no longer take any jobs with the Navy. I haven't decided whether each of the three ports will be dedicated to one class, or if all 3 ports will contain all class jobs, but a different selection of jobs.

Unicorn

It would make sense if one port didnt have pirate jobs, and that port had more navy ones.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I like the jobs idea. Also pirate encounters would be cool when not using that job. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

123outerme

Quote from: Unicorn on August 11, 2015, 01:32:59 AM
It would make sense if one port didnt have pirate jobs, and that port had more navy ones.
Yeah, I was thinking that that would be easier.

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on August 11, 2015, 07:25:43 AM
I like the jobs idea. Also pirate encounters would be cool when not using that job. :P
I think that you would be able to have pirate encounters no matter what job, since other pirates would still attack you for your crew and loot.
But during missions, you would attack the Navy as well.

Snektron

Looks cool :3 do i see a slight hint of sid meiyer's pirates?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

123outerme

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on August 11, 2015, 11:46:36 PM
Looks cool :3 do i see a slight hint of sid meiyer's pirates?
Although I wasn't aware of it until just now, yes, I suppose so. I also had an idea when I was first starting up the game to add a merchant mode, but I abandoned it.

princetonlion.tibd

It would be cool if you could upgrade your ship if pirate encounters are ship to ship duels.

From a wooden ship to the Yamato :P
Though the Yamato might be OP :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Unicorn

From a wooden dingy to an iron battleship right away? :P I actually like the idea of aerchant where you could maybe get better rews, and boats. Oh yeah, and maybe implement mutiny?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

Not right away, I was suggesting a start and end :P

From a rowboat with no armament to the largest battleship in history with 460mm main guns would be a bit OP :P

But then, the Yamato only shot down 7 planes and destroyed 2 ships in its lifetime
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

c4ooo

Is there going to be some over world map?(if yes would it be accessible in game?) Or are you still nailing down game mechanics and have not gotten to that part yet? Good luck on finishing this!
Similar to DJ new RPG, it's just to sad that I don't have a silver edition to play this game  :-\

Unicorn

Quote from: c4ooo on August 13, 2015, 12:20:29 AM
Is there going to be some over world map?(if yes would it be accessible in game?) Or are you still nailing down game mechanics and have not gotten to that part yet? Good luck on finishing this!
Similar to DJ new RPG, it's just to sad that I don't have a silver edition to play this game  :-\
There IS always Wabbit :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???