Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Irl (non-offensive) Trolls You Pulled of.

Started by c4ooo, November 14, 2015, 12:43:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

novenary

Haha, that reminds me of when the library computers used znc at school, we'd take over people's computers and close random windows. They didn't get what was going on and quit using the computers. :P

alexgt

Nice, I did that to because we used to use lan school so I found a way to make it think I was a teacher so I control all the computers :P
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

brentmaas

The usual changing backgrounds, creating stickynotes.exe messages, spamming internet explorer links and dropping batch files in startup folder of laptops and user accounts that hadn't logged off.

I should have that batch file somewhere on my flash disk. It would terminate explorer.exe and display a leet-encoded message in notepad and I believe I made a variant that would play rickroll.

Startup folders are fun.
Lel I glitched Omni

c4ooo

One time i messed with bios and made the pc unable to connact to the local network (no network = no login). The ITteem at my school had a hard time figuring out what was wrong with it. XD (They tried sticking wierd ethernet-like [debug?] cables into it <_< Idk what they where trying to do)

And don't let me get started with all the trolls i did to ppl on calculators XD
(I think its time to rollout the endless zstart reboot loop :D again)

alexgt

Quote from: brentmaas on November 19, 2015, 10:09:26 PM
The usual changing backgrounds, creating stickynotes.exe messages, spamming internet explorer links and dropping batch files in startup folder of laptops and user accounts that hadn't logged off.

I should have that batch file somewhere on my flash disk. It would terminate explorer.exe and display a leet-encoded message in notepad and I believe I made a variant that would play rickroll.

Startup folders are fun.
Sadly on school computers the startup folder is blocked <_<

brentmaas

Our C-drives were blocked from access, but you could access them via /COMPUTERNAME/C. Laptops weren't blocked though.
Lel I glitched Omni

alexgt

I will try it but our school gave us chromebooks so we don't use the PCs anymore <_<

Yuki

Reminds me back in around 2008 or 2009, we were learning C# and one of the first functions we learned was Console.Beep(), and around the same time I discovered the existence of PSExec. Every computer in the lab had the same password to login locally (that you need additionally to your Novell password), so I had the power to run stuff on every computer remotely...

So yep, the Super Mario theme on the PC speakers of 30 computers at the same time.

Well I immediately stopped it after it annoyed someone after the first beep, but still... I felt so powerful that day. And evil. Also me and my friends routinely doing pranks, remotely killing and creating new processes in front of each other, starting the most instances of Notepad possible before the CPU, memory and GPU couldn't take it anymore, etc... That was pretty fun, boy we did so much pranks and so many computers suffered due to them xD
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

alexgt

I am afraid if I did that our computers would blow up <_< (it takes like 5 min for them to boot  >:()

Unicorn

I once was trying to ssh into a chromebook, but themn realized it wasn't connected to the internet, because my frjend was blocking the wifi in another class. Great fun, indirectly stopping mischief :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

brentmaas

I should look at more options to abuse the network, only half a year left to do so.
(Not that I don't already know some huge security leaks :P)
Lel I glitched Omni

allynfolksjr

Adriweb

• Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS, TI-Nspire CX, TI-Nspire CAS (x3), TI-Nspire (x2), TI-Nspire CM-C CAS, TI-Nspire CAS+, TI-80, TI-82 Stats.fr, TI-82 Plus, TI-83 Plus, TI-83 Plus.fr USB, TI-84+, TI-84+ Pocket SE, TI-84+ C Silver Edition, TI-84 Plus CE, TI-89 Titanium, TI-86, TI-Voyage 200, TI-Collège Plus, TI-Collège Plus Solaire, 3 HP, some Casios
Co-founder & co-administrator of TI-Planet and Inspired-Lua

allynfolksjr

One time I trolled a website so hard a decade ago that I'm still banned there.

Dream of Omnimaga

Wow Adriweb I recall seeing that picture somewhere and laughing hard IRL when I first did.

Quote from: allynfolksjr on November 22, 2015, 02:27:16 AM
One time I trolled a website so hard a decade ago that I'm still banned there.
Now to be fair, the bans were by me and often ended after a year, but most of them were back when I still banned in a particularly arbitrary way. :P

The real question now is if the current bans would still stand if I still ran the said site :P

That said, this topic is more about real-life "trolling" than online. I would say that IRL, pranking would apply more, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U