Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Your plans for 2016 (calc, non-calc programming, music, drawing, etc)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, January 15, 2015, 05:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Will it use Hinawa Battle Engine? Also regarding RPGs, it looks like for the time being in 2015 my project will be Mana Force Color :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dark Storm

Hum, no, I code myself the game engine, and draw most of sprites. ;)

You can see screenshots here : http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/topic13057-1-C-RPG-Arcuz.html

And there is information on the 5-6 first "Revue des Projets" ;)
French young Casio programmer.
If I do some (big) mistakes in english, could you correct me?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 13, 2015, 07:02:41 AM
Will it use Hinawa Battle Engine? Also regarding RPGs, it looks like for the time being in 2015 my project will be Mana Force Color :P

Yeah it will. It's the evolution of the idea that started with this insomnia day.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Dark Storm on February 13, 2015, 09:11:34 AM
Hum, no, I code myself the game engine, and draw most of sprites. ;)

You can see screenshots here : http://www.planet-casio.com/Fr/forums/topic13057-1-C-RPG-Arcuz.html

And there is information on the 5-6 first "Revue des Projets" ;)
Oh I meant Eiyeron's RPG. I was wondering if he would use his Hinawa engine for it. Anyway I saw your game screenshots and they look great :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dream of Omnimaga

So yeah, since we got plenty of new users since February, I thought I would bump this thread, plus I would like to give some updates about my plans or status. Did anyone get new plans?

As for myself, I would like to start working on Final Fantasy II CSE at some point and at least one HP Prime game, other than the Walrii catching game idea I had for a while (see other thread). However, I've been a bit busy lately and more tired than usual, in addition to spending a bit less time online, so as a result, I have been often behind in reading forum posts or replying. I was supposed to take a hiatus during Spring somewhere but I finally ended up just visiting the site less often than in previous months, while still posting as often most days. That might explain why in the last few weeks I often went missing for most of the day. :P Normal activity will resume as soon as my vacations start at the end of the month.

So yeah, my plans go as follow now, programming-wise, at least for the rest of Spring and Summer:
-First Fantasy II (CSE)
-Either Supersonic Ball HP or Super Walrii Land (HP Prime)
-Walrii catching game (HP Prime)
-Buy a TI-83 Premium CE or TI-84 Plus CE
-Giving PICO-8 a try is a possibility.

Strontium

My plans consist of, primarily:
Work on my tower defense game (I had this idea ages ago, did a little work on it, and then stopped)
Create something cool
Learn everything about Lua

I don't have much plans, obviously :P
  • Calculators owned: TI Nspire CX, HP Prime
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: NES

Unicorn

Well, I'm going to try to stop giving little upgrades to Caterite and Cat Nipper. :P

I also want to finish MoneyWalrii with my NEW computer (YAY!) and at least get acceptable at xlibc. I also have this really cool RPG idea I have, but I think I will get some help from Wright over at Cemetech. (he wrote the swiping routine I want to use ;)) I also want to improve my website. I was told that the mobile version was not very good.

All by summer of course.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

princetonlion.tibd

I want to make my 4x3 contest entry into beta before December (no sarcasm :P)

And to make Dodge more user friendly, get a decent grade in Spanish in school, and read more Tolkien books (rephrasing of "Finish reading Silmarillion ASAP"), study LOTR, the Hobbit and the Silmarillion.

Also to hit at least 1500 USCF ratings.
(Chess)
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84 + CSE, Voyager 200, TI-Nspire
Anyway war sucks. Just bring us your food instead of missiles  :P ~ DJ Omnimaga (11.10.2016 20:21:48)

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Unicorn on May 07, 2015, 04:28:26 AM
Well, I'm going to try to stop giving little upgrades to Caterite and Cat Nipper. :P

I also want to finish MoneyWalrii with my NEW computer (YAY!) and at least get acceptable at xlibc. I also have this really cool RPG idea I have, but I think I will get some help from Wright over at Cemetech. (he wrote the swiping routine I want to use ;)) I also want to improve my website. I was told that the mobile version was not very good.

All by summer of course.

WOuld the RPG involve swiping the screen to attack enemies? That seems like it might be a bit complicated since it would most likely involve enemies that move around. Anyway good luck since just making and RPG in the first place is a massive undertaking.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Your idea is very interesting as you could track infos like how the user swipes, how fast and which direction/location to determine the damage done to the enemy.
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on May 07, 2015, 04:15:50 PM
WOuld the RPG involve swiping the screen to attack enemies? That seems like it might be a bit complicated since it would most likely involve enemies that move around. Anyway good luck since just making and RPG in the first place is a massive undertaking.
No, you would have to swipe in certain combination to kill one enemy. For example, Left Right Diagonal to kill a goblin. Then, Left Right Diagonal Left Right to kill a Giant. There will be a background for enemy fights and such.

Thats why I am doing this in the summer!
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh ok. That sounds pretty hard actually, not coding-wise but gameplay-wise. I tend to stay away from RPGs that requires the user to enter and time a combo 100% perfectly in order to deal damage because it's too frustrating to play. I prefer when we still at least do lower damage when not perfect.

Unicorn

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

alexgt

My goal: Finish all my big projects. I don't want to have 99999 projects and not finish any of them :)
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Dream of Omnimaga

Lol I agree. In my case, though, what happens is that I often plan projects and get most of the planning done, but then end up never doing anything else. I try to avoid having 4-5 projects, though, because after seeing calc84maniac on Omni not finish half of his projects, I am fairly sure I would do the same with half of my projects.

I hope you finish MinePrime too since it seems very promising. Even a demo where we can remove or place blocks of our choice would get people hooked.