* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: Superstar Hero - a Ys-like JRPG set in the Quebec future of 9108  (Read 6884 times)

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +99/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Re: Superstar Hero project revival (action-JRPG)
« on: March 02, 2017, 11:02:45 pm »
I think it's QuebecEast1 :P. I prefer not making the names too long in the map list lol. If I display the locations I will use full names, though. Technically Quebec City's west side would be Sainte-Foy today and the east side Saint-Roch, but the game timeline is so far in the future that those neighborhoods are not even recognizable anymore (other than the fact the La Planque and Laliberté retail stores are actually in the game) :P

When you save your game an acronym or shorter name is shown, since the location name is stored inside the character name field (so that it shows up in the save menu) and I think it's about 12 characters max), so Montcalm Tower shows MONTCALM TWR.

Also I doubt that zooming effect is possible since I use RPG Maker 2003 (the Steam version) :P. I can zoom in/out actual images, though, so if I can manage to display images at the same position as enemies then I could create all sorts of special effects on them.

EDIT: @p2 here is a better quality video now (running at 60 FPS if in 720p mode)

https://youtube.com/watch?v=i7WFVGgAfKQ

EDIT: OMG! I DID IT! I found out how to sync a picture to a specific event location so I can now have large boss sprites *.*

« Last Edit: March 03, 2017, 03:23:38 am by DJ Omnimaga »
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games