* WalrusIRC

You need to have 5 posts and not be part of restricted usergroups in order to use the WalrusIRC embedded shoutbox. However, you can also access our IRC channel called #CodeWalrus via EFnet.

Author Topic: TI84+CE Wrapper for Monochrome TI-BASIC Programs.  (Read 662 times)

Offline c4ooo

• Super User
  • CW Contest II Winner
  • Post Rating Ratio: +12/-4
  • Advanced forumer
TI84+CE Wrapper for Monochrome TI-BASIC Programs.
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:51:37 pm »
At this point this is only a proof of concept, but the goal of this project is to hook all the drawing commands in ti-basic, making them behave like they would on the monochrome calculators. As of right now i have only hooked 4 ti-basic commands: ClrDraw, pxl-on, pxl-off, and pxl-test. The library is initialized with "1:Asm(INSTLAPI" (this needs to be put at the start of the monochrome tibasic program) and de-initialized with "0:Asm(INSTLAPI".

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +99/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Nice idea :O . I am curious if this could eventually be adapted for home screen commands, since many old games use it? Godd luck c4ooo on this project :3=
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline _iPhoenix_

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-1
  • █████ ▼ ♪ Best music ♫
    • @dj_iPhoenix
    • @UCytgMNPxAMDsxjimvxHf01w
    • @the-legend-of-iphoenix
Well, with the home screen, it all works you just have to deal with the size being smaller.
  • Calculators owned: A sentient TI-84+ CE, TI-85
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-99/4a home computer
Help me with a project by voting here! Thanks!

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me

Offline c4ooo

• Super User
  • CW Contest II Winner
  • Advanced forumer
Nice idea :O . I am curious if this could eventually be adapted for home screen commands, since many old games use it? Godd luck c4ooo on this project :3=
Well, with the home screen, it all works you just have to deal with the size being smaller.
Thanks!
I will have to eventually add some sort of handler for homescreen commands; at the very least switch back to 16bpp so the OS can at least render them correctly. But yea, any homescreen based game can already run fine, it just doesn't take up the whole screen :P

Offline Alvajoy123

• Full User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +4/-5
  • The best programmer start her ~ codewalr.us
    • alvajoy asante
    • @@AlvajoyAsante
At this point this is only a proof of concept, but the goal of this project is to hook all the drawing commands in ti-basic, making them behave like they would on the monochrome calculators. As of right now i have only hooked 4 ti-basic commands: ClrDraw, pxl-on, pxl-off, and pxl-test. The library is initialized with "1:Asm(INSTLAPI" (this needs to be put at the start of the monochrome tibasic program) and de-initialized with "0:Asm(INSTLAPI".

Nice  :thumbsup:
Like the look and I hope it ends out looking good
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+CE
??? ??? ???
Qestions are hard to ask that why we have ???
http://huggle.jdf2.org/sig/Alvajoy123.png

Offline xlibman

• Omni founder & CW co-founder
  • Super User
  • Original 5
  • CodeWalrus Supporter
  • Post Rating Ratio: +99/-4
    • dj_omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga.music
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • dj_omnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • /u/DJ_Omnimaga
    • DJOmnimaga
    • 112/11286
    • @djomnimaga
    • @DJOmnimaga
    • DJ Omnimaga music store
Thanks!
I will have to eventually add some sort of handler for homescreen commands; at the very least switch back to 16bpp so the OS can at least render them correctly. But yea, any homescreen based game can already run fine, it just doesn't take up the whole screen :P
Ah ok I wasn't sure if you used the old 83+ fonts
  • Calculators owned: TI-57, 73, TI-80 (broken), TI-81, TI-82, TI-83, TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+ (broken), TI-83+SE (broken), TI-84+, TI-84+CSE, TI-84+CE, TI-85, TI-86, TI-89T, TI-92, TI-Nspire, TI-Nspire CX (semi-broken), HP 39gII, HP Prime, Casio fx-7000G, fx-7400G+, fx-7700GE, fx-9750G+, fx-9750GII, fx-9860G, cfx-9850G, FX-1.0+, fx-CG10, fx-CP400
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Samsung i5510, Nexus 5, Atari 2600, Lynx, SMS, Game Gear, Genesis, Dreamcast, NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, Wii U, GBA, DS, 3DS, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, PSVita, XBox 360, XBOne

Bandcamp|Reverbnation|Facebook|Youtube|Twitter
Retired Omnimaga admin (2001-11) and editor (2012-14)

Offline _iPhoenix_

• Super User
  • Post Rating Ratio: +11/-1
  • █████ ▼ ♪ Best music ♫
    • @dj_iPhoenix
    • @UCytgMNPxAMDsxjimvxHf01w
    • @the-legend-of-iphoenix
Also, add the "working on it" thingie. It's the best part of an 83+/84+ program tbh (jk)
  • Calculators owned: A sentient TI-84+ CE, TI-85
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: TI-99/4a home computer
Help me with a project by voting here! Thanks!

"walruses are better than tuxedo chickens, all hail the great :walrii:" ~ me

Offline c4ooo

• Super User
  • CW Contest II Winner
  • Advanced forumer
Re: TI84+CE Wrapper for Monochrome TI-BASIC Programs.
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2017, 10:17:24 pm »
If anyone wants the source code: https://goo.gl/9PGkgX

Edit: "fixed" url, as for some reason the URL would redirect to "https://github.com/c4ooo/TI84-CE-Wrapper-for-Monochrome-TI-BASIC-Programs" instead of "https://github.com/c4ooo/TI84-CE-Wrapper-for-Monochrome-TI-BASIC-Programs.". (The second one has a period at the end).
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 12:01:44 am by c4ooo »

You can also use the following HTML or bulletin board code to share it on your page or forum signature!

Also do not forget to check our affiliates below.
Planet Casio TI-Planet Calc.news BroniesQC BosaikNet Velocity Games