Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Zarmina

Started by Yuki, August 24, 2016, 05:44:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Update! I finally got around to add some pictures and music, at least on the French side, have fun :) I intend the art and music part to be a huge collaborative effort, so yeah, gonna be cool.

http://zarmina.xyz/fr/
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

rowan_futurerave

I can help if you want.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 Plus CE-T, CASIO fx-CG50

Yuki

Update!

I'm mostly done writing the first 3 chapters and chapter 4 should conclude the introductory arc. If everything goes well. That arc will be kinda short, but it's setting up for the rest.

Oh. And I haven't planned this, but I have a cover for that arc now.

[spoiler=you want to see it?]
Speedpaint! (thanks Katsuke :))

[spoiler=more bonus]
With that, I think I should have enough to print it :)

Wish me luck.
[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Yuki

I haven't had a ton of time to work on it, but the first 3 chapters almost done by now, along with some music I'll get composed in the next few weeks or so :) Oh, and guess what I got in the mail...

I have 500 of them, gonna distribute them at the anime con this weekend :)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Yuki

Status update!

- It's gonna be rewritten. Again. This time using Ren'Py, yes it's gonna be a visual novel. And it's going to be interesting. Figured it will be better this way, and I'm getting not too shabby at drawing.
- I'm gonna ask for a government grant from one of their programs for entrepreneurs so I can work full-time on it and setup a full fledged game studio company or something so I can hopefully live from it and I can actually commission and pay people better than me to make some assets for me. Yeah, one can dream... (Buy my game once it's done! Make it memeable! I dunno! That was a long sentence!)
- I can already name some people who will help me on this endeavour, but obviously, won't name them yet until they'll actually help. (@DJ Omnimaga, yes I'm still gonna use your songs if you still don't mind, that's one person I can name :))
- I'm gonna stream development on Mixer and Picarto when I can (could do Twitch but they made 2FA required and I can't be assed to set it up yet), so follow me there I guess.
- Other than that, yeah, I dunno, wish me luck ^_^
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Hopefully this gets finished and use the art from the previous incarnation of Zarmina. I liked that art. Are you gonna use a Visual Novel Maker? (It's by the same company that sells RPG Maker but it's expensive)

https://www.rpgmakerweb.com/products/programs/visual-novel-maker
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Quote from: Juju on October 18, 2019, 03:48:05 AMRen'Py

Didn't knew the RPG Maker guys made a VN maker, though, looks pretty interesting.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Hm I never heard of Ren'Py before. Is it free? Visual Novel Maker is kinda expensive so you would need to wait for a sale.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Free and open source, yes. But of course I guess you need more programming skills.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN