Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Rubby Bird [arcade][mobile-friendly]

Started by Yuki, April 08, 2016, 05:00:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuki

Not really. Lower framerate does mean lower scores, but since it's slower and easier people might be able to survive longer, so they might achieve pretty much the same score. Source: I played with lower framerate once.

I'd still suggest to give a fixed rate of points no matter what the framerate is, which would probably be rather simple to do.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dudeman313

Okay. My school computers on Windows 7 seem to run the game faster than my Windows 10 computer that I'm on right now.

Also, I managed to become bored enough to play this until my score was 00:02:26. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Juju on April 20, 2016, 06:06:40 PM
Not really. Lower framerate does mean lower scores, but since it's slower and easier people might be able to survive longer, so they might achieve pretty much the same score. Source: I played with lower framerate once.

I'd still suggest to give a fixed rate of points no matter what the framerate is, which would probably be rather simple to do.
Yeah true, but I mean I'm not a big fan of making game difficulty entirely dependent on your PC performance, regardless of if it's at your advantage or disadvantage. This makes the game look rigged if that's the case, IMHO.

On a side note, something I noticed with this game is that the bird will always move at the same speed regardless of how fast you rub its belly. It would be funny if it moved faster if you moved your fingers faster. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

I noticed that too.
I was playing this at school, and the guy next to me was saying, "Rub faster!" and I was just like, "It makes no difference." <_<
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I would probably have been tempted to say the same thing if I didn't try the game first. Also it makes it a bit hard to figure out if we're rubbing fast enough. But I guess the game is still fun lol.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

It's semi-enjoyable...unless you're bored enough to sit around rubbing a bird.  :P
The answer is "Sure."