Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Opossum Massage Simulator [arcade]

Started by Yuki, April 07, 2016, 04:03:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Apparently there was a bug which juju fixed. Also darn, Gameblabla's version is hard O.O

What would be cool is if he made it so we can control with the touchscreen.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Dudeman313

Or if this was on the Google Play store. It'd be the next Flappy Bird. :P
  • Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

Yuki

Ha yeah, I could definitely publish it there.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gameblabla

Well, too bad because i never designed the Gameblabla's Wrapper for touchscreen devices...
I also can't implement touchscreen controls in C because i don't own such screen.

The game isn't too complicated so perhaps it might be a good idea to reprogram it in Javascript/HTML5 ?
That's something i might do.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

For mobile devices it's not terribly hard to do, it's built into SDL as the mouse.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

I see, gameblabla. Perhaps juju or someone else might know. Reprogramming the game could also be a solution. It was actually a bit hard to make on the CSE because of how xLIBC screen buffers work but otherwise it was kinda straightforward and simple, and the simplicity shows in the game speed (all I do is update the score, the mood meter and swap between two game buffers when a key is pressed).

On a side note, I noticed that in your game, the score increases even when no key is pressed lol. Maybe I should change my game to reflect that.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

Quote from: gameblabla on April 09, 2016, 09:26:00 PM
Well, too bad because i never designed the Gameblabla's Wrapper for touchscreen devices...
I also can't implement touchscreen controls in C because i don't own such screen.
You could always download the android emulator (AVD)
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dudeman313

The score increases without a key-press? I didn't know that.
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

In the PC/Nspire version, yes, but in the CSE version, no. The score also increases much faster in the PC/Nspire versions because of the much higher frame rate.

Dudeman313

Oh, okay. That makes sense.

Also, why does it seem to have gotten harder since I last played...?  :-|
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

It's still at the same difficulty, but the mood mode difficulty is entirely luck-based, just like the original.

Dudeman313

I guess I have bad luck then. :P

EDIT: I think this is an all-time highscore! 1260 for Linear Mode! :w00t:
The answer is "Sure."

Dream of Omnimaga

Actually I scored 1380 in linear mode, but that was a while ago. I never seemed to be able to get past that, because past 1300 it just gets unplayable lol.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Unicorn

I got 1350, it really goes crazy at that point...
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???