Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Arcade Bugs and Suggestions Thread

Started by Yuki, April 07, 2016, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

I have made yet another game, this time it is kind of a sequel to Rubby Bird.
It's Rubby Bird 100 which, unlike its predecessor, you have to rub 100 birds at the same time !
https://github.com/gameblabla/rubbybird100

As usual, it was translated from C to Javascript. It uses a native resolution of 320x480 and it can save your highscore to localstorage.
Please, add it to the Arcade.

Also juju, you forgot to update Killminds. I suggest you do so because it fixes some touch issues in fullscreen.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Done and done. Timer seems to not work on Rubby Bird 100, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

gameblabla

Finally fixed that.
Unintialised variables are evil you know.

Dream of Omnimaga

Bug report to @gameblabla : RubbyBird shows bird sprites instead of :walrii:

Just kidding, so far it seems the arcade works nicely. I wonder, though, if it would be possible to make Wal-Rush 2600 so that  touching the game screen on mobile acts like if we hit the fire button?
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on October 04, 2016, 04:33:38 PM
Bug report to @gameblabla : RubbyBird shows bird sprites instead of :walrii:
Walrii 100 : rub 'em all.
Not a bad idea but i like the birds better. :P

QuoteI wonder, though, if it would be possible to make Wal-Rush 2600 so that  touching the game screen on mobile acts like if we hit the fire button?
I guess some kind of a wrapper could be made.
Or you know... just make the game from scratch.

At this point, we should just rename it to the Gameblabla's Arcade lol

Dream of Omnimaga

I actually remade the game from scratch, but it's for the wrong platform (and requires a ROM) <_<
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U