Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Arcade Bugs and Suggestions Thread

Started by Yuki, April 07, 2016, 03:59:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

What Juju said. THat's unless there is a web-based, non-Flash/Java Atari 2600 emulator that can be freely useable by anyone on their site (I guess something that requires putting the emulator credits below the game screen is fine) and that it lets you load ROMs automatically on page load. But then I doubt there would be any highscore saving.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

JWinslow23

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 23, 2016, 03:37:44 AM
What Juju said. THat's unless there is a web-based, non-Flash/Java Atari 2600 emulator that can be freely useable by anyone on their site (I guess something that requires putting the emulator credits below the game screen is fine) and that it lets you load ROMs automatically on page load. But then I doubt there would be any highscore saving.
Javatari comes to mind. It has auto-launch support and support for saving games, but the one caveat is that it's written in pure Java. Apparently, though, according to the website, with HTML5, you don't need the Java plugin. Dunno how that works, but that's actually my main emulator besides Stella, so take a look at it.

Yuki

Yeah, I was checking that out, along with a few JS Scratch libraries. Now to find a solution that works...
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

Another solution could be to redo the game in CSS3, HTML5 and whatever is required to make a game out of those. :P But if JS is involved then cheating will be rampant.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Yuki

Eh, I think you'll need at least some JS anyway. (Well when we say HTML5 games, JavaScript is mostly always involved.)
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

Dream of Omnimaga

Doesn't AJAX run from the server? I wonder if that could be used instead? (safely)

Yuki

That's a part of JavaScript to enable client-server communications.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

I have updated the arcade listing:

-Games that also work on touchscreen devices now have a [mobile-friendly] label
-All games now have [arcade] as replacement to the platform tags, to avoid confusion with already existing topics elsewhere on the forums (mobile devices won't show in which board topics are in if you browse the Recent Posts list)

Dudeman313

• Calculators owned: TI-84 PCE
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Android O Phone
Does this qualify as a signature? 
The answer is "Sure."

gameblabla

I would like to add KillMinds to the arcade section please :
https://github.com/gameblabla/killminds

The source code is under "Javascript_retranslation".It was named like that because it was converted directly from the C code to Javascript.
(that's due to how their syntax is similar)
The game is optimised for mobile and the game's native resolution is 320x480.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

KIllminds would be a nice addition!

* DJ Omnimaga also pokes Juju to port Supersonic Ball to HTML5 or something.

Yuki

Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome! Hopefully we can have more games in the future. Also if anyone makes homebrew besides gameblabla they are free to post about them too and we would be happy to add them to the arcade :)

Yuki

Yep. I remind you that if you see a nice game somewhere on the forums (not necessarily in Javascript, SDL works as well as some others), just post here and I'll look at it.
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN