Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Caticle Chronicles (split from Cat Nipper)

Started by Unicorn, January 05, 2015, 02:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Ah, I see. I thought you were going to some event. Also, thank you for the support you have given me throughout this project.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

By the way, for the sake of forum consistency, since Caticle is a project and not a final release, wouldn't it be better if I split the discussion from the Cat Nipper download post and move it in the projects showcase section? You could just post a new topic in this section with the download link once the game is finished.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

• Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

• Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Unicorn

Yaaaaaasss! >:D Caterite Attack is now completly done!!!!!!!
:w00t: :love: :thumbsup: :crazy: O.O ;D (emoticons!) :P
Now that my excitement has gotten out,  I wish to inform you that this game will not be realeased until cateroid or something like that is done. Unless something changes of course. But, to play cat nipper, you need to now beat Caterite attack.

Dj, can I remove the Cat Nipper download from the other toopic?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Awesome to hear. Wasn't Caticle supposed to be the name though?

Also I can remove it, but I'm going to move the topic to projects section until you put a download back up.

Unicorn

Thats fine if you move it. Caticle is the name of the chronicles. Caterite Attack is the name of part one

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. Just make sure Part 1 isn't impossible to beat, so that people even have hopes to ever play the 2nd game. :P Also, ideally maybe you should consider releasing a beta at one point with only the first parts, so if you ever lose interest or all data+backups for whatever reason then we still have something to play.

Unicorn

So, I have decided to release Caticle Chronicles part [bold] one and two [/bold].
I will post it in the downloads section, renaming Cat Nipper to Caticle Chronicles.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on February 21, 2015, 06:27:25 AM
Cool to hear. Do you also plan to release them on ticalc.org?

I will probably put the programs on ticalc when part three is done.

Should I do a side scrolling astroid collision game?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It depends. If you use DCS8.1 you should probably try to take advantage of xLIBC scrolling and drawing utilities in such case, because it would be much faster than clearing the screen everytime.

Unicorn

I would like to do that, but is the learning curve for xLIBC very steep? I would like to get this project done within month or two. :P

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

It depends what you do with xLIBC. If you do collision detections and tilemaps using its routines then it's a major nightmare to get used to IMHO (which is why I stopped bothering). But using DrawShape is fine. That said, scrolling isn't that easy either. It's up to you really, but yeah it might be pretty slow (although maybe if Celtic2CSE is ported to the CE it will be much faster?)

Unicorn

Is DrawShape for drawing a shape, moving it and erasing the leftover sprite when it moves? If it is, I could use  sidescroller engine that Outerme made and use a little bit of collision.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???