Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

[TI-84+CSE] Caticle Chronicles (split from Cat Nipper)

Started by Unicorn, January 05, 2015, 02:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unicorn

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on January 09, 2015, 03:48:09 PM
Ooh I like it so far. Have you thought about making the bullet and enemy different colors? Also I think for improvement, the green to the left and right of Enemy Health should also be brown, as well as the extra gap to the complete right next to the vertical Attack text.

I also like the Doors CS icon although I would make the bottom thing more like a w so it looks closer to a ship.
Yeah, that is one of those things I just wanted to get done, I will refine them soon enough. Changing the color of the ships sounds like a great idea, I will try to do it!

Update: Fixed a couple of bugs, and enemy fire and player health are almost done.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Cool to hear. Be sure to post a new screenshot soon :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U
Now active at https://discord.gg/cuZcfcF (CodeWalrus server)

Unicorn

I have sort of taken a day break, so tomorrow should essentially see a finished game! :P

Oh yeah, does anyone have any ideas what the sprite should be for the enemy? ( P was just  placeholder)
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Snektron

• Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Dream of Omnimaga

I think he meant an ASCII sprite (meaning a letter or some random character). I personally am unsure tho, since I can't remember a character that has a similar shape. For space shooters, though, I usually go with uppercase "M", uppercase or lowercase "V" for enemy ships, though.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

Snektron

OH, in that case it should be something symmetric.
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

Unicorn

I have sort of taken a break from this project because I have been making levels for PortalCSE. But, now I am ready to resume progress! 
Current screanie:

Not many changes though :-|

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

You should make the enemy get erased when he moves down instead of leaving a trail behind. :P

Nice to see you back :D

Unicorn

Yeah well, obviously I need to remove that  ;)

I hope to get something done in the next few days that has to do with enemy fire, but with the slow basic and all that,  it seems like I will just add multiple enemies each level.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

I would just make enemies so that when they shoot, it shoots accross the screen instantly, but during the two frames before they shoot it shows a different enemy sprite to warn you.

If speed is a problem you could make the game horizontal so that the laser can be drawn in one Output command.

Unicorn

Hmm good idea I just want to get it essentially done with though.
Maybe in the future I will switch around the screen.
I could have them be a M and then a V when they are about to shoot.

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Or maybe M when it's about to shoot? The two vertical bars on each side of the M could act like turrets/cannons that appears when about to shoot.

Unicorn

But, the bullets are single shot, not two.
Time to load everything into SourceCoder for copying and pasting enemy code!

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Oh right, I didn't think about that. Maybe it could change to an Y?

Unicorn

Well, bugs and mental things are happening...  :banghead:

So yeah!
Also, should I upload it to this topic?

??? ??? ??? ??? ???