Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Nintendo Wii U is now officially discontinued (Jan 31st 2017)

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, March 23, 2016, 04:31:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 28, 2016, 03:01:52 PM
As for the blue shell, they could just add options to MK9 when they make it so that people can disable the blue shell, bullet bill and rank/distance-based item distribution in custom games. Having such options would be nice for people who wants to compete.
ROFL, don't even make that kind of suggestion, it's "un-nintendo".

Of course guys i agree with you but i think you are getting a wrong idea of what Nintendo really is.
Almost everyone except Miyamoto who used to work at Nintendo in 80s are slowly disappearing.
When Miyamoto will die (or quit Nintendo), Nintendo will be a mere shadow of its past.

Hell, i should even change my avatar.

Anyways, i do not have high hopes for the NX.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

Yeah I can understand the feeling.

On the other hand, I would say I prefer my Wii U much more than my Xbox One and PS4.

1) It doesn't take 8 hours to install a game nor 4 to update it like on the One. Even the 1 hour install times on the PS3 and 4 are long when you buy a game and expect to play immediately.

2) the console didn't cost $500 on launch

3) On the PS4, almost games were just ports or remakes of PS3 games until recently. That said, this is becoming a trend with Nintendo games too, sadly. For example, all Zelda games the Wii U got are remakes or spinoffs.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

GalacticPirate

And 90 % of games on PS4/XB1 are non-exclusive games which are also disponible on PC and the other console, which is pretty dumb.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Hayleia

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 28, 2016, 03:01:52 PM
@Hayleia sadly I thunk F-Zero is dead. Nintendo will never make another F-Zero game. When they made GX sales got so poor that they gave up on the franchise and it's now used only to add characters to SSB and such games. Also, MK8 introduces many F-Zero elements such as rollercoaster style loops and actual F-Zero tracks, which tells me they have no intention to release a new standalone F-Zero game, which is sad. :(

As for the blue shell, they could just add options to MK9 when they make it so that people can disable the blue shell, bullet bill and rank/distance-based item distribution in custom games. Having such options would be nice for people who wants to compete.
Yeah, F-Zero is dead, but it should be playable on a Wii U using the vWii mode. So I still count it as an argument for the Wii U :P

Quote from: STV on April 28, 2016, 04:01:30 PM
And 90 % of games on PS4/XB1 are non-exclusive games which are also disponible on PC and the other console, which is pretty dumb.
Not sure if it's 90%, but whatever since the remaining % is just games that are not on PC but that look like PC games so you can just get something else on PC and have the same experience.

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: STV on April 28, 2016, 04:01:30 PM
About PC, however, most new games probably require a $1200 PC in order to even look as good and smooth as on consoles, while the console is $400-450 (including a game). If you already have a PC that works just well enough to browse Internet and can't afford an high-end PC, then buying a console might be the better solution.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

gameblabla

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 28, 2016, 04:29:19 PM
About PC, however, most new games probably require a $1200 PC in order to even look as good and smooth as on consoles
Nah, that's an exaggeration.
I personally tried to see if i could have a better PC for the same price as a PS4, and having console-quality with a PC is like 350$.
Pay 500$ and you'll have something that runs games in 1080p at 60 FPS.
The main drawback however is that games are getting bigger and bigger on PC over the time, so you might need to catch up with perfs up a bit every 2 years.
(and shell 200$ for a better card)

I see you guys complaining about the lack of exclusivity but if the competing consoles are technically capable of running the exclusive games,
then why just restrict it to one platform ?
A game being exclusive does not make it better, it's no longer the 80-90s guys where each console was very different.

The truth is, we will all end up with 3 video consoles with the same processor and APU from one manufacturer,
talk about competivity. (even the Wii U uses a Radeon)

Plus like DJ said, they now cost more than 200$, that's insane.
In 2004, i bought a Gamecube for 99$. Why is it now higher ?

Also, i don't know if that's just me but most games released now lack... soul ?
Maybe it is the time but to me, they don't even feel something like i want to play.

Perhaps the death of the Wii U could be the death to video games as we knew them.
  • Calculators owned: None (used to own an Nspire and TI-89)

Dream of Omnimaga

The reason why the GC was $99 is because it sold so poorly that Nintendo cut the price shortly after launch. The reason they didn't do it with tue Wii U is because Wii U hardware is more expensive.

Also I mentioned $1200 because many PC ports of console games are rushed so they end up rewuiring more resources than they should. When they aren't butchered, yes a lower end computer can be used. Even with PC originals this happens, such as Crysis maxed out. But sometimes it's a matter of graphic card.

As for games lacking soul, I disagree with Nintendo games, but agree with JRPGs and less known franchises. Many old 2D games had some charm that their newer counterparts lack.

Hayleia

Quote from: gameblabla on April 28, 2016, 07:22:16 PM
I see you guys complaining about the lack of exclusivity but if the competing consoles are technically capable of running the exclusive games,
then why just restrict it to one platform ?
A game being exclusive does not make it better, it's no longer the 80-90s guys where each console was very different.

The truth is, we will all end up with 3 video consoles with the same processor and APU from one manufacturer,
talk about competivity. (even the Wii U uses a Radeon)
Not sure about the others but I wasn't "complaining" about the lack of exclusives. I was just saying that it was completely incoherent to build a PC, put a "non PC" OS on it, still try to compete against PC and not have that many exclusives that are not on PC... Wtf, at which moment is it supposed to convince me to buy one ?
Meanwhile, the Wii U costs less than a PC and most of its library is exclusives so at least they are not doing something completely incoherent. They just don't know how to sell it afterwards.

Araidia

Talking about the NX, I found this possible description of NX:
[spoiler=It's pretty long]
Omg I seriously can't take any more of these bullc ass rumors and or questions regarding the power and or performance of the upcoming Nintendo NX CONSOLE where every single so called rumor and or leak that's been put onto the internet talks about the ridiculous notion that the Power and or performance of the NINTENDO NX is going to be either on par with the Xbox One and or somewhere between the Xbox One & the PlayStation 4 and or the few rumors such as this one which suggest at the absolute very best the NINTENDO NX is gonna be either equal too and or just slightly more powerful than the PlayStation 4 where basically every single leak and or rumor has suggested that the POWER AND OR THE PERFORMANCE OF THE NINTENDO NX is gonna basically be somewhere close to the current generation Xbox One and or PlayStation 4 console's and that's the most ridiculous and downright laughable bunch of bullc that's ever been discussed in the history of gaming because it's an absolute joke for anyone to suggest and or so much as entertain these bullc rumors as the truth is there nowhere near the reality of the situation and it's gotten to the point where it's just sad that 99.9% of all the gamers out there who have commented on the Nintendo Nx could be so foolish and so downright childish and immature that they have absolutely no clue of what to expect from the power and performance of NINTENDO'S UPCOMING BRAND NEW 9TH GENERATION NINTENDO NX CONSOLE

I'VE ALREADY PERSONALLY SPENT ROUGHLY 45 MINUTES WITH THE NINTENDO NX DEV KIT BACK IN EARLY OCTOBER OF 2015 WHERE I WAS GRANTED A BEHIND CLOSED DOORS LOOK AT THE HARDWARE WHERE I WAS ABLE TO OBTAIN SIGNIFICANT INFORMATION REGARDING THE SYSTEM SPECS OF THE NINTENDO NX CONSOLE AND THE OVERALL POWER N PERFORMANCE LEVELS OF THE DEV KIT AND I HAVE ALREADY LEAKED THIS INFORMATION ON 100s of websites as I've told everyone a very detailed analysis of everything that I've saw including the most important aspect which is the power and performance of the system and also the way in which it's gonna work and yet everyone has chosen to ignore what I've said calling me a liar and a bullc story teller while believing everyone else who has tried to convince everyone the Nintendo Nx is gonna be on par and or slightly better than current generation console's Which is absolute bullc because THE TRUTH IS THE NINTENDO NX CONSOLE ISNT ANYWHERE NEAR THE POWER N PERFORMANCE LEVELS OF THE XBOX ONE OR THE PLAYSTATION 4 AS THE TRUTH IS THE NINTENDO NX CONSOLE ABSOLUTELY BLOWS THE DOORS CLEAN OFF THE XBOX ONE AND PLAYSTATION 4 AS THOSE CONSOLES ARE ABSOLUTELY pathetic as far as todays gaming consoles are concerned as both the Xbox one and PlayStation 4 are drastically underpowered and extremely outdated and they've been that way since the day they launched back in 2013 as they were outdated and underpowered back then when they first launched and their even more pathetically outdated and underpowered now in 2016 as both console's have struggled to maintain even the most basic 1080p standard resolution with reasonable framerates in nearly every single 3rd party multiplatform AAA game title's that have been released as almost all 3rd party games on both console's run at a sub par 1080p resolution combined with sub par nearly unplayable and completely unacceptable framerates and it's so bad it's downright laughable that anyone would even remotely consider either CONSOLE as being powerful at all and that includes the weak ass PlayStation 4 as well ok sony fan boys that's the truth because just because your PlayStation 4 is significantly faster than the Xbox One the reality is that not saying much as your PlayStation b4 console is still a weak piece of technology when compared to the current standards of what's considered an entry level gaming experience as far as power and performance are considered and that's the truth whether you wanna admit that or not OKAY SO YEA ENOUGH TALKING LET ME GO AHEAD ONCE AGAIN AND TELL SOME TRUTH FOR THAT ASS

NINTENDO NX DEV KIT CONSISTED OF A CUSTOM APU DESIGNED BY AMD

THE CUSTOM APU CONSISTS OF THE FOLLOWING TECHNOLOGY

quad core 2.7ghz AMD EXCAVATOR BASED cpu, with a custom AMD Tonga based 930mhz 370x gpu with a total power of 2.8 tflops, and 8 gigabytes of DDR4 MEMORY 2400MHZ

That's the Nintendo NX DEV KIT as it's extremely powerful and extremely efficient as the DDR4 MEMORY, AMD 2.7ghz quad core excavator based cpu, and the custom 930mhz Tonga based 370x gpu combination is really something special as the graphics processor alone has a total power of 2.8 tflops which is a full 1 tflop more powerful than the PlayStation 4 total system power which is only 1.83 tflops so yea THE NINTENDO NX APU IS LITERALLY GOING TO BURY THE PLAYSTATION 4 AND XBOX ONE AS NINTENDO HAS LEARNED FROM THEIR CATASTROPHIC FAILURE OF THE UNDERPOWERED CRIPPLED WII U and it's lack of power and PERFORMANCE NECESSARY TO OBTAIN the support of all major 3rd party developers and Nintendo won't make that mistake again as the NINTENDO NX SOFTWARE DEMO INCLUDED IN THE NX SOFTWARE DEV KIT IS SO COMPLEX AND CRUNCHES SO MANY POLYGONS THAT DURING INTERNAL TESTING the pc equivalent HARDWARE needed to run the NINTENDO NX SOFTWARE DEMO AT 1080P AND AVERAGE 60FPS WAS AN I7-4790k and a stock gtx 970 graphics card and that processor and nvidia gpu combination isn't anything to laugh about as that's extremely powerful hardware that nearly top of the line as far as gaming computers are concerned as it's not quite a i7-5930k and gtx 980ti but still having said that people an i7-4790k and gtx 970 graphics card ain't no joke as thats a lot of power and yet that's exactly what was needed to run the NINTENDO NX SOFTWARE DEMO AT 1080P RESOLUTION WITH A 60FPS AVERAGE and just to give people an idea of just how powerful and efficient the NINTENDO NX custom APU truly is guess what the NINTENDO NX DEV KIT RUNS the same software DEMO which Nintendo included with the NX DEV KIT and its running at a LOCKED 1080P 60FPS where the pc equivalent HARDWARE needed to do that was as I've said the NVIDIA GTX 970 GRAPHICS CARD AND INTEL I7-4790k processor
[/spoiler]
Found it on the comment sections in this page
And I hope it's true...
  • Calculators owned: TI84+ CE

Also Known as: Soul | Enguard

Dream of Omnimaga

Darn, I just skimmed through that comment and that's some angry Nintendo fan(boy) there. Anyway I hope he is right. THe reason why there are so many rumors about the NX power being on-par with the PS4/One is because the last two Nintendo consoles had the power of the previous generation. For example, the Wii was on-par with the Xbox, PS2 and Gamecube, while the Wii U was more in line with the 360 and PS3. So now everyone thinks Nintendo will do the same thing with the NX. Many people feel this would be a mistake from Nintendo, but that they'll repeat the same mistake a 3rd time anyway. I think it's perfectly understandable, given their history.

I really hope the console is more powerful, though. On the other hand, I hope that more power doesn't mean it will cost $600-800. I think by getting rid of those proprietary things and switching to a more standard format such as blu-ray would help reducing costs. And using a much cheaper gamepad would help too. Why not switching back to a standard gamepad, but with a small touchscreen?

Yuki

if you checked the gaming news those days, you'll see codename NX is supposed to be out for March 2017 (not for the holidays? They want to make sure there's good launch titles in time for the release). The transition will be kinda fast, too, the Wii U will probably be discontinued by 2018. Otherwise, we still know nothing other than the NX is something entierely new, even a successor to both the Wii U and 3DS, maybe?

Can't wait to see this, but that would be after the E3, we probably won't see anything NX there, except a new Zelda for 2017 that will probably be ported on it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+ (dead?), Casio Prizm (also dead???)
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: A lot
Read Zarmina!
YUKI-CHAAAANNNN
In the beginning there was walrii. In the end there will be walrii. All hail our supreme leader :walrii: --Snektron

if you wanna throw money at me and/or CodeWalrus monthly it's here

Dream of Omnimaga

What would be funny is if FIFA 17 came out on the Wii and NX, but not the Wii U.

tr1p1ea

Wasn't there a FIFA that came out for the ps2 but not the WiiU?

GalacticPirate

Yeah... but the last FIFA on a Nintendo home console was FIFA 14, after that they stopped releasing FIFA on the Wii U, I don't know why.
  • Calculators owned: TI-Nspire CX CAS (4.4.0), TI-83 Premium CE (5.2.1), TI-83 Plus.fr USB (2.55MP), Casio fx-92 Collège 2D+, Casio fx-92 Collège 2D
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Nintendo Wii U (NSMBU+NSLU premium pack, 5.5.1E), New Nintendo 3DS XL (Monster Hunter Generations, Sys 11.5.0-38E)

Dream of Omnimaga

The last Wii U FIFA is 13 actually. 14 and 15 only came on the Wii.