Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

Android on a TI-Nspire CX?

Started by Dream of Omnimaga, June 22, 2015, 06:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snektron

Every big site changes their layout every few years :P Though personally i find Facebooks colors still quite 2004-ish
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

I think that they changed more than just layout. Also I agree about the colors, not quite that old but whatever was before holo. I really think they've made leaps and bounds on their Android app. I'd call it almost modern although it doesn't fit into any of the regular themes (ie. Metro, Material etc.).
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

alexgt

I am installing it now :)
and cleaning up my Documents <_<

EDIT: Here is the vid from omni
  • Calculators owned: Ti-84+, Ti-Nspire, Hp Prime, Broken HP Prime, HP 48SX

Snektron

That looks pretty smooth actually. I guess to controll it woth the hw keys?
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

alexgt

NVM I have no idea how to install it :P

Quote from: Cumred_Snektron on July 03, 2015, 09:51:01 PM
That looks pretty smooth actually. I guess to controll it woth the hw keys?
I would think that it would be controlled with the hw keys :)

Dream of Omnimaga

You could always ask in the official thread if you have troubles figuring out to install it.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

alexgt

True, i don't even think the guy who made it has a CW account :P

Unicorn

Quote from: alexgt on July 08, 2015, 01:43:21 PM
True, i don't even think the guy who made it has a CW account :P
I don't think tooo many people have CW acounts... :P
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Indeed, the site is still only 8 months old and isn't known much. I think we get about 6 times less traffic than Omnimaga, for example and since we are much smaller, some people might think we're kinda inactive (since they might judge by the total post count rather than the daily post rate).
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

At least here everyone kind of knows who everyone else is. On some forums there are thousands of active users and its chaos. Anyways I like it here and stuff.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Unicorn

^

Also, whenever I'm on on omnimaga there are only two members on and <40 guests usually.
  • Calculators owned: I own all of them: PICKACHUP TI 84+ CSE TI 83+ SE TI something something ??? ??? ??? ??? ???
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: PICKACHUP ??? ??? ??? ??? ???

??? ??? ??? ??? ???

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: CKH4 on July 10, 2015, 03:41:07 AM
At least here everyone kind of knows who everyone else is. On some forums there are thousands of active users and its chaos. Anyways I like it here and stuff.
Well that used to be the case on Omni too, even when they had 40 online users at a time sometimes, since many were quite active. It's more on gaming and general topic forums that it becomes a problem.
Quote from: Unicorn on July 10, 2015, 02:36:35 PM
^

Also, whenever I'm on on omnimaga there are only two members on and <40 guests usually.
I'm not gonna get into the subject since it's kinda off-topic and some people might consider this matter controversial, but the lack of site maintenance since Juju demotion in March 2012 (except the upgrade) and the behavior/decisions of certain upper-level managers since November 2013 were issues. Nonetheless, many active users stuck around and didn't give up. From July 2011 (when I stepped down) to November 2013, Omnimaga activity was actually higher than what CodeWalrus gets now. However, at one point it became clear that it was time to take a different route for the best of the community (and for Omnimaga, since the CW<>Omni split almost completely eliminated drama from Omnimaga)

Anyway, we should get back on topic, which is Android on a TI-Nspire. :) Other discussions should go in their own threads, me thinks.