Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

I need help with Axe Parser [Can I Axe you a question?]

Started by CKH4, January 06, 2015, 09:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CKH4

My thought would be that I can do it without using any other variables. Is there a way to do a for loop counting between [r#] variables?
Also I'll add that joke as a topic tag.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Hayleia

I don't think it's possible indeed. But maybe what you can do is put a last argument at 0, like SOMETHING(A,B,C,0), then your code loops from °r1 to °r6 and stops at the first pointer that contains 0 ? It is only a little bit smarter than having an argument describing how many arguments there are though.
The other solution being what @Cumred_Snektron said, filling a buffer with your arguments then having the routine read that buffer, which allows for a lot more arguments by the way.

CKH4

Thanks hayleia. That is what I'm doing right now except hopefully saving a few bytes by using r2 to describe the height of the box and how many arguments there are. I'm a slight bit confused buff(, what exactly does it do? Does it set a blank spot in ram that you can store as a variable?

Is it best practice to delete user variables at the end of your program or are they automatically cleaned or does it not even matter?

Snektron

User variables? you mean appvars or vars like A and theta?
also buff( just makes a x long area of 0's on your program
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...

CKH4

Like ones that you have to define with °.

Snektron

Nah they are just in some ram area, if something needs their place it just overwrites them, so you can just leave them be
  • Calculators owned: TI-84+
Legends say if you spam more than DJ Omnimaga, you will become a walrus...