Join us on Discord!
You can help CodeWalrus stay online by donating here.

CKH4's Pixel Art and Such

Started by CKH4, March 19, 2015, 02:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dream of Omnimaga

Quote from: Duke "Tape" Eiyeron on March 24, 2015, 09:19:41 AM
Lost the sources of the progress I made on the rotation sprite manager and Siapran lost interest so no.
Aw sorry to hear :(. I hope one day you reconsider and make a new version or something that could use this engine.

Quote from: CKH4 on March 24, 2015, 02:37:05 PM
@DJ Omnimaga Do you want me to make a non-blurry one? It'd be really easy and I could do it after school.
That would be nice. On a side note another thing that would be cool is if you made a 256x224 pixels version with the sky clouds scaled down or with slightly higher resolution so that it looks closer to SNES mode 7 games.
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Whoops I'm sorry I missed that last post and guess what, I got distracted and didn't make it.

Anyway have some monochrome sprites possibly in an upcoming game.
  • Calculators owned: TI-83+, TI-84+

Dream of Omnimaga

Woah those look great! :D I like the style you used actually. Do you plan to post a version of the sprites on the computer rather than camera pic?  Also it would be nice to see a game from you :)
  • Calculators owned: TI-82 Advanced Edition Python TI-84+ TI-84+CSE TI-84+CE TI-84+CEP TI-86 TI-89T cfx-9940GT fx-7400G+ fx 1.0+ fx-9750G+ fx-9860G fx-CG10 HP 49g+ HP 39g+ HP 39gs (bricked) HP 39gII HP Prime G1 HP Prime G2 Sharp EL-9600C
  • Consoles, mobile devices and vintage computers owned: Huawei P30 Lite, Moto G 5G, Nintendo 64 (broken), Playstation, Wii U

CKH4

Thanks, if I do make a game it would be RPG with the focus on the battle engine. I am on vacation and was on the plane yesterday so it might take a while but I plan on organizing it on the computer.

Edit. I also have another game that I'm working on which I'll probably finish.
Edit2. Thank goodness that the forum theme is back to normal, it was giving me a headache before.

Dream of Omnimaga

Aah ok. I assume it's due to Easter, right? Since a lot of people are on vacation lately and Cemetech was eerily quiet today despite being April Fools day (unless that was the joke?). Hopefully you had fun and I hope you can manage to find some time to work on something you want :)

And lol you could change the forum theme as you see fit. It's under profile/look and layout. Now the default theme is back but you can still select the psychedelic theme if you want. :P

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: CKH4 on April 01, 2015, 10:20:53 PM
Thanks, if I do make a game it would be RPG with the focus on the battle engine. I am on vacation and was on the plane yesterday so it might take a while but I plan on organizing it on the computer.

Edit. I also have another game that I'm working on which I'll probably finish.
Edit2. Thank goodness that the forum theme is back to normal, it was giving me a headache before.
*poking about the platform, the language and the project I have*
  • Calculators owned: A lot.

CKH4

DJ O: Not easter but it is my spring break. I have a really big plan for the project which means that it will probably crash and burn.

Eiyeron: Ti 83+ Series, Axe Parser and a tunnel clone with focus on the GUI and options.

Dream of Omnimaga

In any case, start your game as a smaller game (eg 1 dungeon/village) at first to make sure the engine gets done and stuff, because when people take on massive projects as one of their first they often get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work required.

CKH4

I completely understand this and since it will be my first RPG I need to really make sure to finish stuff. I think I'll work on the battle engine first though.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Quote from: DJ Omnimaga on April 03, 2015, 02:52:11 AM
In any case, start your game as a smaller game (eg 1 dungeon/village) at first to make sure the engine gets done and stuff, because when people take on massive projects as one of their first they often get overwhelmed by the sheer amount of work required.

Do you had specially someone in head? ^^

Dream of Omnimaga

Every single newbie in the last 15 years that started with a ROL3-quality RPG as their first ever project.

CKH4

For this project is there any tile engine worth using or would it be better to write my own?

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

WHat kind of timemapping do you want to do? Multi-layers? Animated? Smooth-scolling? Stepped-scrolling? YOu could easily get away with your own engine, they're plain easy to do. ;)

CKH4

I would like to do animated but I can handle that part and also I guess I would want to write my own camera. So I guess I would want something that would draw the map. I think I could write my own but I'd definitely need some help.

Duke "Tape" Eiyeron

Not a problem, if you have problems with it I'd be glad to help! ^^